This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Cool atmosphere. I don't really think the 10 string guitar is doing anything beneficial to the sound here though. When the vocals and drums are going full force, the guitar just sounds like it's making flubs and wubs, foregoing pitch altogether. The bass sounds really good though.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Cool atmosphere. I don't really think the 10 string guitar is doing anything beneficial to the sound here though. When the vocals and drums are going full force, the guitar just sounds like it's making flubs and wubs, foregoing pitch altogether. The bass sounds really good though.

Well, technically it's a downtuned 8-string flubbing around there, and I disagree with saying that it doesn't do anything for the sound. That rumbly mess gives the mix a kind of texture I rarely hear out there. But then again, It's not easy to be objective with your own creations. Anyways, like I said in my progress thread over at recording studio, I'm probably gonna switch to the Open B style tuning heard on Fractured and Translucent Existence from here on out.

Nats

Reaction score
Ridiculously crushing. Is the bass in the same tuning as the guitars? Sounds higher, but more clear which is really what lends to the crush. The guitar's flub sound really adds a unique texture to the mix just like you said. Almost like the bass is the lead instrument. Pretty ....ing awesome.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Ridiculously crushing. Is the bass in the same tuning as the guitars? Sounds higher, but more clear which is really what lends to the crush. The guitar's flub sound really adds a unique texture to the mix just like you said. Almost like the bass is the lead instrument. Pretty ....ing awesome.

Yeah, the bass is tuned in unison. I try to let it drive the rhythm while the guitars fill out the sound around it, rather than just having it provide low end for the guitars. I've always liked it when producers let the bass be a part of the music. Too many bassists out there are just completely cut out from the mix. :(

HANIAK

Reaction score
So, a question. Where can I submit my album for review? I mean, most "larger" review sites/blogs won't touch something small time like my stuff. So I don't know where to turn. :scratch:

Start by searching and contacting small blogs on your country first and around the world next. Google is your friend ;)

Awesome album. Heavy as hell! :hbang:

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
This is devastatingly heavy. Fuggin loving it!

Glad to hear it!

Sounds massive and disgusting! Very nice, man!

And a special thanks goes out to this guy! Seeing a Norwegian owning an Agile was what gave me the courage to order one for myself! This was waaaay back when I was still a lurker BTW. Anyways, thanks dude! I probably wouldn't have made this if I hadn't seen this vid:

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
So I wanted to ask, since I'm completely in the dark about stuff like this. Can I like, send this to a label or something? Get signed, printed and shit? I mean, I might be overestimating the appeal of my music, but considering my situation, that's really the only thing that makes sense right now. Can someone enlighten me here?

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Is there any benefit to sending it to a label
I have no ....ing clue, that's why I'm asking! :lol:

It's feels like involving someone else who has something to benefit from my music reaching an audience would be a good thing. That way I just have to worry about making music. But I don't know if I'm naive in thinking it'll benefit me in any way. As I said, I'm in the dark, and wondering if someone can enlighten me on the topic.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Alright. As soon as my Encyclopedia Metallium entry became publicly visible I got a distribution offer from a french company. Problem is that I cannot provide any physical copies. :lol:

Dude, this is sick as ....! I love it, excellent job. Seriously.

Good to hear man!

Splenetic

Reaction score
Fvck this is serious shit.

Not kidding, i have a crushing sound system, and this sounds f'n huge.