This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
I'm not finding a lot of "Doom" in this. What are your primary influences in that regard?

Influences for this album are kinda hard to pin down. But if you listen to Den Förgångna Viljan Att Fortsätta, Abandonment and the latter half of Inescapable Terror you can hear a lot of doom metal I'd say. If you can come up with a more fitting genre to describe my music, feel free to post it! :idea:

vbvxnnczhuang

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me what you guys think!
hu10d.jpg

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Dude, this shit is sick! Vocals are not necessarily my thing, but the music is floor punching!

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Dude, this shit is sick! Vocals are not necessarily my thing, but the music is floor punching!

Yeah, I get what you're sayin', not everyone can stomach guttural growls. But for me it's a case of playing to my strengths and avoiding my weaknesses. I'd rather have "good" growls than bad clean singing. Unless I start doing some collaborative work with a vocalist, there probably aren't gonna be much in the way of clean vox.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Would it be in bad taste to do a little bump? If it is, I'll post something album related. I was gonna start up a limited batch of physical copies using a printer capable of printing on the actual cd, but I got burned by a defect printer! :wallbash:

I was gonna make a youtube vid about the process of printing without having to rely on overpriced services, but that'll have to wait until a replacement printer comes in the mail. :realmad:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Yeah, I get what you're sayin', not everyone can stomach guttural growls. But for me it's a case of playing to my strengths and avoiding my weaknesses. I'd rather have "good" growls than bad clean singing. Unless I start doing some collaborative work with a vocalist, there probably aren't gonna be much in the way of clean vox.

I have nothing against gutturals, but to my ear these sound like really, really, really quiet "screams" produced to sound loud. I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I get. Either way man, I listen to this shit at work like daily!

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
I have nothing against gutturals, but to my ear these sound like really, really, really quiet "screams" produced to sound loud. I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I get. Either way man, I listen to this shit at work like daily!

Oh, I can explain that with a vid I've used before:

If you listen there, him yelling "c'mon!" is much louder than his growls, and that guy is considered one of the most solid guttural growlers ever by some people. So that style of growls which don't use the vocal chords at all is a different beast to fvck around with.

The fact that I first started doing vox very recently, combined with my inexperience as a mixing guy probably means that I've done something wrong somewhere as well. I'll have to look into that. Glad you like the music though! :D

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A STAMPEDE OF RHINOCEROSES TRAMPLING BABY DUCKS!!! \m/

The "flub" of the low guitar tuning reminds me of Steve Brooks of Floor/Torche's "bomb tuning," he plays open A on a six-shooter with a bass string in the lowest spot tuned to the lowest "note" it can go to without just rattling, and when he hammers it with the bass and drums it sounds like a nuclear fcking explosion.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Well, that explains it. I like Disfiguring the Goddess, but I have the same issue with Big C's vox, too...

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A STAMPEDE OF RHINOCEROSES TRAMPLING BABY DUCKS!!! \m/

The "flub" of the low guitar tuning reminds me of Steve Brooks of Floor/Torche's "bomb tuning," he plays open A on a six-shooter with a bass string in the lowest spot tuned to the lowest "note" it can go to without just rattling, and when he hammers it with the bass and drums it sounds like a nuclear fcking explosion.

Hmm, this is the second time someone's compared me to Torche, and I can't hear any similarities. Can you provide an example of Floor/Torche doing this?

Well, that explains it. I like Disfiguring the Goddess, but I have the same issue with Big C's vox, too...

Oh good, I was worried I'd done something wrong, but if you have the same problem with Big C, then I don't have to worry about it! :lol:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
If you're doing what YOU want, and people appreciate, you're doing it right man! I'll be listening to whatever you put out next!

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score

flyingV

probably drunk
Reaction score
Love it! I listened to the full EP already a couple of times, nice to hear a different kind of brutal than the usual blastbeats-in-your-face stuff that I usually listen to. Are those drums recorded or programmed?

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Love it! I listened to the full EP already a couple of times, nice to hear a different kind of brutal than the usual blastbeats-in-your-face stuff that I usually listen to. Are those drums recorded or programmed?

They're programmed. I've haven't really gotten very good at doing that stuff yet though. It's something I'll work harder on for my next release. Need to study some drummers who don't do too much blast beat/double bass stuff.

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
So that style of growls which don't use the vocal chords at all is a different beast to fvck around with.

Well the fact that they don't use the actual vocal chords doesn't inherently make them quiet; false-chord screaming is usually much louder than fry. It's just that with gutturals your false-chords are held so loose that most of the air you use just passes through.

I like your vocals, to be totally honest. They've got good texture, and the use of tight filtering and effects is great.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Yeah sure, here's a great example of the "bomb" in effect with Torche:

There it is! I was wondering what was similar, and what it ended up being was only the fact that we both make use of the brown note! :lol:

But really, apart from that brown note, there's nothing similar in style, composition or tone, so the comparison is a little too focused on which notes we hit. I mean, no one calls Isis djent just cause they hit a low F# on Celestial right?

Well the fact that they don't use the actual vocal chords doesn't inherently make them quiet; false-chord screaming is usually much louder than fry. It's just that with gutturals your false-chords are held so loose that most of the air you use just passes through.

I like your vocals, to be totally honest. They've got good texture, and the use of tight filtering and effects is great.

Ah, thanks for the slightly more scientific explanation, shows how little I still know about vocals!

Glad to hear so much positive opinions of my vox too. I'm still not 100% confident in 'em yet, cause I know they're slightly lacking in power and technique among some other things. But the one thing I'm proud of is the rumbly bottom they just naturally seem to have even on "higher notes". :D