US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope all these sleaze balls with the plea deals and immunity are actually giving up some quality intel
I'm hoping too that him totally contradicting his book gets slathered everywhere. Him and his ghost writer knew all the trumpers would lap that shit up and now he's saying he doesn't believe it. I shouldn't be shocked but here we are.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
If anyone had a backbone, they'd argue she violated the plea deal and she'd be in a prison jumpsuit by lunch today

I’m curious if she has an angle to this or if she’s just thinking “I can be like Trump and get the support of all those fucking morons ready to part with their cash”…..or that is the angle.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m curious if she has an angle to this or if she’s just thinking “I can be like Trump and get the support of all those fucking morons ready to part with their cash”…..or that is the angle.
I'm hoping that the plea deal came about because of already recorded testimony, and assistance with the investigation that's already concluded. And that she's just blowing hot air to to take attention away from the fact she ratted everyone out.

It's probably wishful thinking but I can't believe the prosecutors office gave her this sweetheart plea deal which also allows her to turn around and go back to the dangerous stuff she was doing in the first place. Unless their next level incompetent there's got to be more to the story.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
$10k fine for violating the gag order. Give me a fucking break. My net worth is in the six figure range. Trump claims to be a billionaire, so ten figures. So, they hit him with a fine proportional to fining me like $1.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
$10k fine for violating the gag order. Give me a fucking break. My net worth is in the six figure range. Trump claims to be a billionaire, so ten figures. So, they hit him with a fine proportional to fining me like $1.
I agree these little slap on the wrists are nothing.

But apparently the judge also just ordered him to take the witness stand which is huge. Possibly really huge since Trump will no doubt perjure himself or dig himself into an even deeper hole once he's on the stand and has to swear to tell the truth.

edit: oh wait, taking the witness stand... already happened? articles aren't clear. if so then, well that amounted to nothing.

Last edited:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Trump only took the stand to answer the judge for violating the gag order.

The new house speaker is an election conspiracy guy.

That's probably no new outcome, but it might indicate we have been heading for a shutdown all along no matter the speaker (just basing that on the fact that the GOP got theiract together ultimately with Trump secretly calling all of the shots).

A recent poll said people are considering violence against their political opponents. Like, a quarter of people polled.
I forget how exactly the question was worded, but it had something about "true American patriotism" or similar language, if that's any indication.

The future looks more precarious every day.

The USA is losing its grip on its own mental health. I'm sure our enemies abroad are watching this carefully.

If Trump wins in 2024, things will possibly go unhinged. If Biden wins, things are about just as likely to get unhinged.

Also, anyone have any thoughts about Biden getting dropped off of the primary ballot in NH?

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
The new House Speaker speech started off promising. Sounded like a reasonable guy. Then he mentioned all the theocratic America is founded on Xtian values bull. Godammit, not another one. lmao

spudmunkey

Reaction score
The new House Speaker speech started off promising. Sounded like a reasonable guy. Then he mentioned all the theocratic America is founded on Xtian values bull. Godammit, not another one. lmao
He was also a part of Trump's impeachment defense team, and based on some of his previous work, likely doesn't believe dinosaurs exist.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
He was also a part of Trump's impeachment defense team, and based on some of his previous work, likely doesn't believe dinosaurs exist.
Out of curiosity since I know nothing about him, I researched and listened to his and his wife's Xtian podcast. And you are probably right. Dude is all about the 6000 year old Young Earth stuff. Vaccine denial. Forced birth. Gay hate.

All the worst things about American Christianity. Somehow, he is even a worse Jim Jordan. Wtf. No wonder he won unanimously.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
They get thrown overboard or something?
What's taught at the Ken Ham museum in Kentucky is that dinosaurs rode the ark, then during the 40 days and nights all the continents drifted apart, when the dinosaurs got off the ark they couldn't adapt to their new homes and went extinct naturally, and the ones that didn't are still around today i.e. lizards, crocodiles, etc.