US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I

It’s pretty clear democracy is under attack. It’s been going on since Russia-gate. Illinois is the latest state to attempt election interference.

Cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a southerner myself, "bless your heart" can mean multiple things, yes. Either "fuck you" or "oh my God, are you okay" are the two most common. My grandmother used that phrase for both.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the former implies the latter, just condescendingly.

Not always. It's also used when someone gets seriously hurt. As a matter of fact, I'd say I've heard that implied meaning more often than the "fuck you" connotation it's commonly associated with. Kid got hurt on the playground? Teacher: "bless your heart, are you okay?!" Find out a child had a condition or a disease? "Bless their little hearts." I've definitely heard it used many times growing up as an expression of care.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Bless your heart = Trashy redneck women being edgy or condescending
Bless your heart = Older generation women being sweet
Bless your heart = Internet people feeling left out
Bless your heart = Absolutely no one else

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ah, 2 faced southerners. Nicest people you've ever met on the surface, until you walk no more than 10 feet away from them and then are already shit talking you seven ways to sunday.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Ah, 2 faced southerners. Nicest people you've ever met on the surface, until you walk no more than 10 feet away from them and then are already shit talking you seven ways to sunday.
The only difference is that the North doesn't wait 10 feet. For example, I might be three feet away and clearly call you an asshat.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

You don’t F with a guy that once threw 4 touchdowns in a high school football game.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yep.. just like people up north... and basically everywhere. Two-faced shit talking isn't a regional thing.

Sounds like Massachusetts.

Sounds like someone who's never been to MA; we'll tell you to fuck off right to your face, and move on with our business, we ain't got time for BS.

The north is kind, but we're not friendly, we'll help but not going out of our way to and complain while doing it. The South will help you and say shit like the aforementioned "bleed your heart," and then you find out later it's a backhanded compliment and they shit talked about having to help you do X/Y/Z.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Correct decision. Let the voters decide. Last thing we want is a traditional battleground state to start finding reasons to disqualify candidates from either party. What Trump did in no way satisfied the text of the 14th. The worst thing he did was ask Raffensburger to find votes. That's conspiring to commit election fraud, and certainly not inciting or participating in insurrection or rebellion.

Reaction score