US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yeah, but heres the thing. I roadtrip for a hobby. You aren't even on this side of the Pacific and when you were here, I doubt you saw very much of anything.

It sounds like you're trying to say that your anecdotes are better than mine, which again misses the point I'm making here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anecdotally, as someone who lives on an old farm in rural Wisconsin, he's, as expected, full of shit. Working animals and livestock are as different as farming and hunting culture are.

Not surprising for a city slicking professional cletus safarier.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anecdotally, as someone who lives on an old farm in rural Wisconsin, he's, as expected, full of shit. Working animals and livestock are as different as farming and hunting culture are.

Not surprising for a city slicking professional cletus safarier.
City slicking? I grew up in a community with farms and spent plenty of time on them. I know the culture. So, save your bullshit.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As a professor I'm depressed by the blatantly fascist response to the protests at so many schools. Snipers at IU and OSU, fraudulent charges against students and professors (we have video of what actually happened!), USC rushing to remove their videos and social media posts promising to defend students' free speech rights after they started arresting them... even our institutions of higher learning are unaware of, or unmoved by, the examples of history.

Is there a single time in US history when the student protesters being oppressed by the state turned out to be wrong?

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Thanks for finally pushing that button on your computer to get my steel beams made, DrewH, now I can replace the support frame for these cooling towers today.

IMG_6364.jpeg
IMG_6372.jpeg

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can you even ride a horse? Betting you can't.
As you continue to turn absolutely everything into a dick measuring contest, I have concluded that you have a micropenis to go along with your mediocre middle manager salary.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As you continue to turn absolutely everything into a dick measuring contest, I have concluded that you have a micropenis to go along with your mediocre middle manager salary.
Not a dick measuring contest. He was questioning my knowledge of farms and I was asking a very valid question if he knew the ONE necessary skill that qualifies one to speak on the subject. It's called establishing who is full of shit and who isn't.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Not a dick measuring contest. He was questioning my knowledge of farms and I was asking a very valid question if he knew the ONE necessary skill that qualifies one to speak on the subject. It's called establishing who is full of shit and who isn't.
You heard it here folks. Horse riding is the ONE necessary skill that qualifies you to speak about farms.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You heard it here folks. Horse riding is the ONE necessary skill that qualifies you to speak about farms.
More to do about understanding the culture. We are getting too far away from the point here and that is about the culture behind why she didn't think twice about shooting a dog. But, you all refuse to acknowledge that there are people who live and think differently than you do. If you would get out of your caves and saw and experienced stuff, you'd understand that better. It has to go way beyond "I have friends or family on the right".

You all claim you know what is best for everyone in terms of policy but you have very little awareness of who that policy will be enforced on.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
More to do about understanding the culture. We are getting too far away from the point here and that is about the culture behind why she didn't think twice about shooting a dog. But, you all refuse to acknowledge that there are people who live and think differently than you do. If you would get out of your caves and saw and experienced stuff, you'd understand that better. It has to go way beyond "I have friends or family on the right".

You all claim you know what is best for everyone in terms of policy but you have very little awareness of who that policy will be enforced on.

And here I was thinking I could support trans rights without destroying the small family farm cultures? What policy do you think we're proposing that is standing in opposition of this culture that you're claiming to be so familiar with?

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for finally pushing that button on your computer to get my steel beams made, DrewH, now I can replace the support frame for these cooling towers today.

Little more than "pressing a button" when it comes to either new roof dunnage on an existing building or replacing a deteriorated dunnage assembly in place

Those aren't very good close up pics. But, I didn't see any visible deterioration of note that would merit that dunnage being replaced. Unless there was existing rust that was field painted over. So, that must mean the cooling towers are due for replacement and the new dunnage is required because the change in cooling tower dimensions? Very rare to lift a cooling tower off and then return it to new dunnage. I only had one project like that, and that's because the building owner was being cheap and was trying to squeeze every minute he could out of the unit.

Either way, those are a logistical nightmare when you have to do more than just watch the guys get it done. That building is small. Try doing it on top of a 12 story building and then have to find somewhere to park a 500 ton crane. We have one of those going on right now. Then having to get all of the coordination with the unit(s) and field measuring/surveying dead on and make absolutely sure there are zero errors when its install day for the dunnage and also install day for the unit. Because the worse thing is to park the unit in place and realize then the dunnage beams are in the wrong locations. Never had that happen but have heard stories of it happening on other jobs. There is drafting, engineering, fabrication, galvanizing, trucking, crane, field crews, etc that all have to be completed/scheduled so that you can hit a certain hour of a certain day 2 to 3 months down the road, when you have millions of dollars of other active projects going on.

Please please do continue to be condescending. It's amusing.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Who else wishes that Florida would go back to the way it was in the 90s. It could of just been me being green behind the ears, but it seemed like one of the coolest states. I remember MTV spring breaks and a party atmosphere, but I guess it was all the out-of-state people. Now it seems like the worst state there is and I'm gonna have to say Metalocalypse totally nailed it on the head. DON'T SHOOT THE HURRICANE WITH YOUR AR! YEEE HAWWW

Latest posts