US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wouldn't give him that benefit, given how he's constantly told me and others to just "go get a wife" like you can pick them up at the dollar store.

Only someone who is extremely over sensitive would have interpreted that in the way you did. Anyways, go get a wife. Seeing as though I have to translate for you now. Put yourself out there in the dating pool and make an effort into finding the perfect romantic partner for you. Just don't discuss video games or prog music. Not that there aren't ladies who appreciate those things but the percentages are not in your favor.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's more like you guys against the world. There are a LOT more people like me in this world than you. You have quite the uphill climb. Don't think that because you have your buddies on this forum that will help you gang up on people that you matter. In the grand scheme, you don't.
😢 Now U gross and U mean. Waaaaaaaaaa! I'm telling mom!

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
It's more like you guys against the world. There are a LOT more people like me in this world than you. You have quite the uphill climb. Don't think that because you have your buddies on this forum that will help you gang up on people that you matter. In the grand scheme, you don't.
My guy you are a middle aged man with a mortgage it is time to move past “I know you are but what am I”

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Are you equating masculinity with conservatives? Liberals can't be masculine? This is why Trump is getting elected in November. Because all the left does is self sabotage with comments similar to yours. People that claim to be so smart don't even realize they are their own worst enemy politically.
Yeah, see this is your problem. You're not reading what anyone is saying. You're just shouting at everyone because you don't understand what they're saying. And the reason you don't understand what they're saying is because you're not reading anyone else's posts. And when I say reading I mean, like, the whole post not just the first word you can misunderstand and get angry about.

Like, you really only need to read the top part of this to understand how we are not talking about the same things. To summarise: toxic masculinity are the aggressively comparative parts; the belief that there is only one way to do masculinity, and forcing that expression onto everyone else.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, see this is your problem. You're not reading what anyone is saying. You're just shouting at everyone because you don't understand what they're saying. And the reason you don't understand what they're saying is because you're not reading anyone else's posts. And when I say reading I mean, like, the whole post not just the first word you can misunderstand and get angry about.

Like, you really only need to read the top part of this to understand how we are not talking about the same things. To summarise: toxic masculinity are the aggressively comparative parts; the belief that there is only one way to do masculinity, and forcing that expression onto everyone else.
But the problem is that you and people like you see ALL masculinity as toxic.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Anyways, go get a wife.
1715007120989.png
Single life is where it's at. I can sit on my ass, with my high paying tech job, and play guitar and video games all day. You can keep your atomic family unit and your hard-working concrete whatever it was you were talking about that I've stopped caring about half way through this sentence.

Literally everyone who commented on masculinity went out of their way to say exactly the opposite of this.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
See, again, if you'd read what people are writing you'd know that's not true. What I'm calling out is your misogyny, your homophobia, the assumption that people disagreeing with you have no experience with women.

Those are not good things. If you can name some good things about masculinity that I think are toxic, then we could have a conversation. But to this point you're just being a caricature and, again, claiming it's the only way to be masculine.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See, again, if you'd read what people are writing you'd know that's not true. What I'm calling out is your misogyny, your homophobia, the assumption that people disagreeing with you have no experience with women.

Those are not good things. If you can name some good things about masculinity that I think are toxic, then we could have a conversation. But to this point you're just being a caricature and, again, claiming it's the only way to be masculine.

Because calling you a "girl" makes me a misogynist? Now I'm also homophobic? That's leftist over sensitivity. I don't know how you function in the real world from day to day.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really feel bad for you all. You must have a hard time dealing with the world.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I really feel bad for you all. You must have a hard time dealing with the world.
I feel like your entire world view hinges on this belief and if you were to find out that it’s completely untrue you would have some kind of nervous breakdown.

You remind me of those incels that believe all attractive guys are assholes.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Because calling you a "girl" makes me a misogynist? Now I'm also homophobic? That's leftist over sensitivity. I don't know how you function in the real world from day to day.
Let's try a thought experiment: why are you calling people a girl? You've used it as an insult before. Why is it insulting to be compared to a girl? If you think women and girls are just as valid members of society as men and boys, why is it an insult?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't give him that benefit, given how he's constantly told me and others to just "go get a wife" like you can pick them up at the dollar store.
Yeah that was what i was getting at.

He keeps acting like if you're not describing women as wanton sexual objects to add to your collection, you must be gay or have no appeal. I'm just saying that it's possible to be attracted to women and still recognize that they have agency over themselves and not a check list of schlocky 80s sitcom machismo stereotypes. Its also possible to be heterosexual and have appeal to the opposite sex while choosing a solitary life.

I mean, most of the people in this thread know that but apparently that's not obvious to other/s.