Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course this is on ZachEngages IG and of course Chris Letchford is defending him. :rofl:

Couldn't even try to make a meme this good. The only name missing is BRJ at this point.

Adieu

Reaction score
There's an expected delay of 2-3 years while he's supposed to be building the guitars. Plenty of time for something like this to happen, and orders that would ultimately go unfulfilled to build up.

I understand good finish needs a few weeks drying time, but 2-3 year build delays are ridiculous

Order your stuff with oiled necks bare bodies or something, like the bass community liked, and spit on the punk who quotes you more than 3 months to deliver

Acting like there's any certainty you, the builder, AND their guitar business will ALL be around, alright, and still on the same wavelength in 3 years is silly wistful thinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Acting like there's any certainty you, the builder, AND their guitar business will ALL be around, alright, and still on the same wavelength in 3 years is silly wistful thinking

I want to argue with you on this on principle but... on these boards... with the kinds of luthiers these guys like to give money to... argh.

Adieu

Reaction score
I want to argue with you on this on principle but... on these boards... with the kinds of luthiers these guys like to give money to... argh.

Reality is, 3 years from now, you could lose touch, move half a world away, have a change in family circumstances etc; the builder might fall ill, get in a fight and end up incarcerated, get hit by a truck, go bankrupt, etc etc etc

Add in international crap, and one or more of your countries could collapse into the chaos of a failed state, get embroiled in a war and draft all y'all into the army, lock you up for your political opinions or brazenly playing the devil's music against G-d's will, get taken over by a crackpot that erects absolute prohibition trade barriers against the other country, get slapped with UN sanctions, see the woods you ordered become blacklisted absolutely illegal to ship internationally, etc etc etc

Hell there's a small but non-zero chance that NEITHER of you will be around/able to finalize the transaction that far down the line. THEY all know this, that's why the deposits are so big, even with the honest ones who have every intention of completing your business.

Btw... that's all assuming continued good faith on both ends. With prices at the low end of the small claims court range, legal challenges to recover money from a bad actor are ultimately futile here, except for the satisfaction of hassling someone who screwed you...

Animus

Reaction score
I am already in for $2400 on the 8 string multiscale run. Big mistake trusting this dude. Last I contacted him over 3 years ago he claimed the whole run was in the "drying stage" and would ship out in a couple of months after NAMM. lol He should do the honorable thing and refund everyone's money, but I guess this dude has zero honor or integrity.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
It looks like he has been posting A LOT of guitar builds on IG, are these any of the guitars people had in Queue? Or did he just ignore all the people he took money from?

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Going out on a limb, no one is getting their build from these runs, pretty sure I have not seen any 8 string duality in progress pics from what he had been posting

Well then he is still a piece of crap then.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Just came here to post that!

AFAIK he’s gotten better at not sitting on your guitar when it’s done. I forgot mine had parts taken off after completion pics to use on a show guitar : /

I hope this is the run, that top looks familiar, even if it’s taken years a finished guitar is still a lot better than a builder running away with your money.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Surely this is the wrong thread? Isn't this the thread for the Duality 8FF run and this guitar is from the also 8 year old Duality 8 (not fanned) run?

Latest posts