Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Could the people that were burned by Vik get his patreon shut down for violating the community guidelines?

Criminal or Harmful Past:

Individuals who have fulfilled the terms of their sentence for past offenses may share their works on Patreon. Any creator observed committing, or convicted of, making credible violent threats or acts, child abuse, malicious doxing, coordinating nonviolent harm (such as fraud, money laundering, and gambling), or encouraging others to do any of these activities, may be banned from using Patreon.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Could the people that were burned by Vik get his patreon shut down for violating the community guidelines?

Criminal or Harmful Past:

Individuals who have fulfilled the terms of their sentence for past offenses may share their works on Patreon. Any creator observed committing, or convicted of, making credible violent threats or acts, child abuse, malicious doxing, coordinating nonviolent harm (such as fraud, money laundering, and gambling), or encouraging others to do any of these activities, may be banned from using Patreon.
It's worth a shot. Someone who was scammed should provide that evidence to Patreon. I mean, it's meant to be for supporting artists, and he's literally STOLEN from artists.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Just reference the court case that was levied against him a few months (EDIT: Years, Jesus Christ) back, and everything since.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer. Can someone interpret the sequence of events listed on that page?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer. Can someone interpret the sequence of events listed on that page?
The last note was on 9/30/2021 which was a mandatory appearance, but it looks like the status was set to "Vacated". That means the hearing was canceled either because the court is throwing it out due to lack of evidence or it was settled outside of court. The only way this will go further is if the plaintiff pushes further, but it sounds like it'll just be thrown out regardless.

My best guess? There just isn't enough evidence for this case to go anywhere as I'm sure most of the dealings were done in a non official manner and/or are long gone.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Who the fuck would pay Vik on Patreon? I mean... WHY?

I guess it would be worth it to pay 17,50€ once to be an insider, get into a livestream and harass the hell out of him.

brector

Reaction score
But now that he's in the US, I really think you'll have a hard time doing anything about it unless you paid by credit card.
How else are/were people buying? I can't imagine not using a credit card with fraud protection on something even close to this amount

SVMMONYR

Reaction score
Now Vik has 4 NEW guitars on sale through pyramid guitars on reverb and one of the is even a 9 string. People have waited for a decade to get their guitars. Somebody like KDH with an online presens should do a video and expose him as the charlatan that he is.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Now Vik has 4 NEW guitars on sale through pyramid guitars on reverb and one of the is even a 9 string. People have waited for a decade to get their guitars. Somebody like KDH with an online presens should do a video and expose him as the charlatan that he is.

He’s always been more interested in in-stocks and show builds. I’d say only half of his builds are customer orders, maybe less. He’s trying so hard to establish himself as a dealer ordered guitar. He’s worked with Kiesel and Abasi. I don’t think his Envoy branded Viks went anywhere so going through Pyramid is his next attempt.

A KDH video would be great but there’s so much to talk about that you’d need someone on here to write it all down. It’s not like Sabre or Invictus where an incompetent builder took too many orders and ran into bankruptcy. There’s 10 years to unpack from the runs which were never completed, endless in-stocks and shows while builds went years overtime, the homophobic remarks and social media backlash, running off with peoples money etc etc and that’s before he even moved to the states. In that time there have been many people who discovered his guitars and aggressively defended him only to end up falling out with him.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm the last person to defend Vik, and I really don't trust Pyramid already, but those are not listed as new guitars. They're all listed as used consignments.

SVMMONYR

Reaction score
I'm the last person to defend Vik, and I really don't trust Pyramid already, but those are not listed as new guitars. They're all listed as used consignments.
This raises even more questions. They are basically all new by Vik standards as they are all completed in 2022 and now they are all for sale? One of those models was posted on Viks instagram on May so who had it for only a couple of months? My guess is that the original first owners is Vik himself who couldnt sell these any othet way. That or its that vechhio guy who owns probably 30 Viks at this point…

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I asked Pyramid Guitars on Facebook if those were brand new Viks. (I had the same questions as everyone here...) He told me he's selling them for a collector, probably on consignment. For whatever that's worth anyway.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I hate seeing pyramid take in and promote all those viks for sale but it's his business to do as he pleases. Pyramid owner is trustworthy though.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Now you got me wondering if custom gun makers ever pull a Vik / BRJ, or if they’re worried about a swift form of vigilante justice if they don’t deliver.
Believe it or not, it does happen. Charlie’s Custom Clones (popular site for actual and near clones of service gear, and high end parts) has been selling stuff off his website without having inventory, and some manufacturers have ended business with him for making customers wait for months by basically lying about what was actually in stock. Bigger brand names are sometimes failing to deliver such as Radian who got backlogged badly, pissing off customers. But they deflect criticism and are “too big to fail” by lobby standards.

By in large, the smaller manufacturers do not have this issues because their livelihood depends on the products and the QA/QC, which in dealing with firearms could be a life or death situation if not taken seriously. But there are exceptions of bad business. That’s just pervasive in any industry and not unique to guitars or guns. But nobody is actually going to physically go after anybody. That’s not how the overwhelming majority of firearms owners think; it’s not a bunch of redneck goons preaching “God, guns, and country” in a wife beater. Considering the volume of new owners over the last several years, the culture spans all socio-economic, racial, and geographical groups. Very, very few are the type minded to violently threaten someone over lies, failure to deliver, or stealing money. Felons can’t legally own firearms, which is what will happen or worse. So I’d never advocate for it, but there’s always that one Carl/Karen who will do the dumbest thing. I don’t root for it, but it can happen.

I agree with several posts that this ranting we all do with these builders that stole money is often met by blunt efforts because nobody got much of a result from BRJ, and there’s only fledgling legal effort against Vik. The most effective punitive effort against people has been smearing their business practice feces all over the web, but there are still followers and shills. I admit, Vik’s stuff is too gorgeous not to follow, and I’ve entertained reaching out, but seeing this theft and lying is still occurring stopped me from giving him another dime directly.