Vik Duality 8 string run *CLOSED RUN*

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vik
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
All the ViK's we have avail are from a long time customer that had a recent life change and wanted to let go of some gear. He's a collector and we actually have a few of his Oni's and Adversary's as well. The last Adversary was sent directly to us from Russia. I personally have no love for ViK at all but I do my customers so when he asked I said yes. Take it for what you will but they are not new, not listed as new but have zero playtime on them. The pricing was set by the customer since they are consignment and all funds will go directly to him. What he and ViK had going is none of my business so thanks for taking to time to ask personally before jumping to conclusions that we're dealing with ViK directly.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a really bad look for Pyramid. The dude posts here. It's a shame. I guess there's another seller to avoid. :shrug:

So Pyramid, @mphsc, reached out to me.

These aren't new, or from Vik, but from one of Vik's old customers, being sold on consignment, so I take back what I said about Pyramid.

:yesway:

EDIT: ninja'd

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
A headless exotic 9 string is an odd purchase for someone who collects and doesn't play but life can change quickly.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
A headless exotic 9 string is an odd purchase for someone who collects and doesn't play but life can change quickly.

It certainly can. Like one minute I thought Viks were cool, then the next I felt bad every time I picked up a guitar that was the result from like a 50 email long back-and-forth of us yelling at each other :D

SVMMONYR

Reaction score
Would be great to know how do these few guys like delvechhio and this unnamed russian get to be long term customers of Vik and others are left scammed.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would be great to know how do these few guys like delvechhio and this unnamed russian get to be long term customers of Vik and others are left scammed.

Money. Definitely money.

To a certain extent they're probably, at least "accommodating", if not share Vik's personality traits/world view.

SVMMONYR

Reaction score
August 17 - the guitar has indeed sold, funds are apparently held in his Paypal due to some open dispute(s?). This is like one of those endless soap operas, except with far less actresses with great boobs, which diminishes the entertainment value significantly. Stay tuned for season 11, I guess!
It is to be expected, he is the master of excuses. Well, at least some collector got another piece to hang in the wall and sell it few months down the road when they have a sudden life change

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
They pay way more money.

Vik has been offering premium priced queue jumps since forever, and it's not a secret. The "waitlist" was and is a "I might get to you in something resembling this order" queue, but a few extra bucks and he'd actually deliver the guitar. Guy can make a guitar in a week if he wants to, and a lot of people queue jumped after that publicity stunt. It was open and there are old classified posts on this forum with a lot of wink-wink-nudge-nudge language about the delivery date of these guitars.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
So VIK just posted an inlay for a "BIG PROJECT" and it's him marking his 15 years........

Oh boy. It's on Instagram..

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Hard to believe he's been scamming people for 15 years already. Time sure does fly.
Him and Sims Custom Shop, even after all this time. It's wack to say the least.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
It should be noted, there are two different SIMS Custom Shops. I believe the reputable one (who did Vai’s LED inlays on some of his JEMs) are across the pond, while the Christopher Woods Sims is here in the states, I believe somewhere in middle America.

Last edited: