Warhammer 40k Megathread

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats the reason i have bought no warhammer for at least 3 years... so god damn expensive.

I went through a phase where i was converting Fantasy Undead guys, it was radical as, and they were pretty cool, its so easy to do with skeletons :D

As for the game, its easy once you know the rules, its learning them thats an absolute bitch. Also finding someone good to play. I played on of my mates a few times, who collects necrons and Daemonhunters, and i beat him both times. Witch Hunters Vs. Necrons, and Chaos Marines (Black Legion) Vs. Daemonhunters. It was good fun :D The Defilers cannon is so fun for destroying ENTIRE UNITS OF DAEMONHUNTERS lol!! I wiped out an entire unit in one shot. He was not happy.

And the Arco Flagellants in teh Witch Hunters codex are insane... flailing, whipping, mutated, modified ex-people with buzzsaws where there hands should be and way too many attacks...

It's not as expensive as you might think. I get my stuff over the internet and you can get a Battleforce boxed set for €57 and no shipping from Maelstrom Games. I spent nearly €100 and I've got a 1500 point Traitor Marine army. :agreed:

(Just so you know...

1 Khrone Lord
5 Possessed Marines
10 Chaos Space Marines
8 Chaos Space Marines
9 Khrone Berzerkers
1 Chaos Rhino (for the Berzerkers and the Lord)
1 Chaos Predator (w/ Las Cannons everywhere... :evil:)
3 Chaos Obliterators :hbang:)

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
The Warhammer gameplay has always interested me, but I'm very put-off by the assembling and painting of the units, I just want to play! :lol:

Is there any comparable game without all of the foreplay?

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not really. Games Workshop used to make a couple of board games (ACTUAL board games) usingf the same miniatures, but you didnt have to paint them and so forth... they just arent as good imo tho... also relics of the late 80's...

Its not too bad putting them together, but painting them can be hard. Im still not really good, im more into the book art and the playing anyways tho. You should play dude, its really really fun. Like chess, but better, with some of the raddest story ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think I can be arsed to spend a ton of money on something that needs to be assembled and painted, but that's just me. :shrug:

I've spent enough money on MTG! :lol:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
:nono: What you don't realise is that he's probably not at all that bad. Every dead Guardsman brings him one step closer to victory. :lol:

And besides, Guardsmen are humans just like you and me. Marines (loyalist and traitor) are biologically engineered, heavily armed and armoured killing machines.

Case in point:
Guardsmen <--> Traitor Marine
csm_art1.jpg

So go easy on the poor buggers! ;)

He already had about four times as many guys as I did. He just didn't have the tactics :lol:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Imperial guard are so fucking fun to play with if you know how to use them. but you do HAVE to know how to use them... or use an entire army of tanks including 4 baneblades and 4 basilisks :D

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Traitorous Imperial Guard with a Radical Inquisitor Ally and a Daemon Host&#8230;&#8230;I might as well be playing a chaos cultist army&#8230;..

Too bad there are so few people who play in the states&#8230;

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Imperial guard are so fucking fun to play with if you know how to use them. but you do HAVE to know how to use them... or use an entire army of tanks including 4 baneblades and 4 basilisks :D

:eek:

If you've got that much firepower on the board, I can only imagine what your opponents would be using.

:warhoundtitans:

abyssalservant

Ascaris
Reaction score
It's not as expensive as you might think. I get my stuff over the internet and you can get a Battleforce boxed set for €57 and no shipping from Maelstrom Games. I spent nearly €100 and I've got a 1500 point Traitor Marine army. :agreed:

(Just so you know...

1 Khrone Lord
5 Possessed Marines
10 Chaos Space Marines
8 Chaos Space Marines
9 Khrone Berzerkers
1 Chaos Rhino (for the Berzerkers and the Lord)
1 Chaos Predator (w/ Las Cannons everywhere... :evil:)
3 Chaos Obliterators :hbang:)

So you're playing a Khorne-affiliated army and you can't spell "Khorne?"
*mutters something about Khorne as the resident Tzeentch cultist*

I think I'm the only one around here nerdy enough to realise that Nick misspelled "Kh&#226;rn" and that Tzeentch's and Khorne's followers are even more antagonistic than the other chaos gods and make a slam on a Khorne player that actually makes sense given their basic personalities. Guess this is why I'm involved in black metal.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm the only one around here nerdy enough to realise that Nick misspelled "Khârn" and that Tzeentch's and Khorne's followers are even more antagonistic than the other chaos gods and make a slam on a Khorne player that actually makes sense given their basic personalities. Guess this is why I'm involved in black metal.

No, your not, trust me lol... im teh nerdiness of warhamemrs in that way also lol ;D

Tiger

Reaction score
Up until I was 15 I painted Battletech figures and Ebay-ed them. Cost of figure 5-10 bucks, usually sold for $20-30. It'd be lucrative if it wasnt time consuming.

Not to derail or anything, but anyone remember Battletech?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
So you're playing a Khorne-affiliated army and you can't spell "Khorne?"
*mutters something about Khorne as the resident Tzeentch cultist*

I think I'm the only one around here nerdy enough to realise that Nick misspelled "Khârn" and that Tzeentch's and Khorne's followers are even more antagonistic than the other chaos gods and make a slam on a Khorne player that actually makes sense given their basic personalities. Guess this is why I'm involved in black metal.

I dunno why I spelt it like that seeing as I pronounce it as "corn". :scratch:

And it's not really a Khorne affiliated army as such. It's just I wanted it to be super balanced (because my Daemonhunters were anything but :lol:) and it means I get a super hard-hitting close combat unit with a Chaos Lord (+ Mark of Khorne + Daemonweapon = Bloodfeeder = 2D6+4 attacks per turn at WS6!!! :eek:) and a squad of Khorne Berzerkers with a Skull Champion in a Rhino. Then the Possessed are another close combat unit but I'd prefer to have some Terminators instead. The Chaos Marines are my basic bread-and-butter units and are really good at ranged and close assaults. The Predator will do anti-tank duties and the Obliterators will be my multitasking problem solvers. All in all it seems pretty flexible to me. :)

What do you guys think?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
^^Another reason why I'm avoiding Warhammer, I fear becoming this.

Harsh! :lol: I'm really not serious about Warhammer at all. It's good fun and the stories are completely awesome but I never get swept up in it all like the guys who work in Games-Workshop do. :ugh:

I guess they're doing something they love so I can't really fault them for that.