Ways to illuminate fretboard?

• Thread starter Tyler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Reaction score
Is there any type of illuminated tape out there I could put on my side dots to make it easier to see during a dark set? Im definitely looking for something that wouldn't leave any residue on the neck and dont have the cash to shell out for a custom with an the illuminated dots

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
Google glow in the dark fretboard dots and they should come up. Saw them in a limp bizkit video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vansinn

Reaction score
Lacquer it up with uranium oxide - call a defense biz and ask if they have some yellow cake left over :rofl:

(just joking, don't make the call, or you'll find your name in a not-so-nice database)

Scordare

Reaction score
finger.jpg

https://fretfx.com/

jtm45

Reaction score
Those Luminlay dots are supposed to be really bright for a non-powered glow in the dark plastic material. Apparently you can charge them up with a little LED torch thingy they sell and they glow bright for ages! You can get them in Blue or Green and they come in a length of rod that you just cut to size (i think they sell little slabs of it for making fancy glow in the dark inlays too).

Relatively inexpensive and relatively simple to fit too. Just drill out your old side dots with a nice sharp drill-bit, pop the Luminlay ones in with a dab of superglue and then scrape or sand them flush. Job done!!!:metal:

Link; Luminlay high quality phosphorescent fluorescent inlays

4Eyes

Reaction score
Those Luminlay dots are supposed to be really bright for a non-powered glow in the dark plastic material. Apparently you can charge them up with a little LED torch thingy they sell and they glow bright for ages! You can get them in Blue or Green and they come in a length of rod that you just cut to size (i think they sell little slabs of it for making fancy glow in the dark inlays too).

Relatively inexpensive and relatively simple to fit too. Just drill out your old side dots with a nice sharp drill-bit, pop the Luminlay ones in with a dab of superglue and then scrape or sand them flush. Job done!!!:metal:

Link; Luminlay high quality phosphorescent fluorescent inlays
just ordered SB20, I wonder how it'll end :lol:

Latest posts