What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Defragmentism Project by Robert Ritchiesse (feat. Steve Hunt, Morgan Ågren, Mattias IA Eklundh, Kai Ritchiesse)

Instrumental Fusion. Never heard of the dude before today and he doesn't seem to have been mentioned on SSO, despite playing an 11string(!) with a trem(!) since the late nineties.

you just put me on

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I walked to the record store when I was a kid with like $10 of my dad's money that I hustled off him to buy a The Who cd because I wanted Tommy, but when I got there, the guy who owned it was playing Say It Ain't So and at that point I think the blue album had been out for a couple years because I think it was 1996 I want to say, and it was immediately stuck in my head, so I bought Weezer's blue album and went home with it. My dad was like wtf is this shit and he was pissed I didn't get what I told him I was going to get (he was a classic rock and jazz guy) but I listened to the heck out of it. Never listened to any weezer after that album with the exception of Hash Pipe which was catchy but this popped up on youtube yesterday and man time flies. The guitar tone on this live set sounds so fucking good, I love their distortion.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
I've been on a big King's X and Alice in Chains kick in recent weeks. Could any of you make some recommendations for similar bands/albums while I'm in the current mood?

As an aside, AiC's later albums, particularly Black Gives Way to Blue and The Devil Put the Dinosaurs Here, are some of their best work if you usually listen to their earlier stuff. Great production, too. Could gush about King's X as well, of course. Ty Tabor, man...what a master of the riff.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Japan seems to exist in only one of two possible states:

- Extremely formal and polite.
- Otoboke Beaver.

Kyoto is a beautiful city. Combine the rich history and grandeur with four insane local ladies with equal love of Minor Threat and Melt Banana (and a drummer with grindcore chops) and you have a winning combination.

Those cringe comments in that vid... they're real.

Also their Tiny Desk concert rules.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I've been on a big King's X and Alice in Chains kick in recent weeks. Could any of you make some recommendations for similar bands/albums while I'm in the current mood?

Drain STH is basically an all female version of Alice In Chains.

As for King’s X, I always thought that I can hear a pretty strong influence in Freak Kitchen’s first few albums.