What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw Geoff Tate from Queensryche this past Tuesday night 4/2/2024 in a Bar/Club in Foxboro.
the guy is 65 and can still belt out all those Queesnryche songs from MindCrime and Empire
Very impressive

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
That's the one! I may send you a PM closer to the date so I can at least say hello to a fellow SSO forumite!

Right on!

We’re still figuring out how we’re going to handle that show, my buddies live in Boston, which is about 45 minutes away from Foxboro and we tend to drink heavily when we’re together. I wanted to just get a room at the Patriot Place but they’re like $2K a night. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Right on!

We’re still figuring out how we’re going to handle that show, my buddies live in Boston, which is about 45 minutes away from Foxboro and we tend to drink heavily when we’re together. I wanted to just get a room at the Patriot Place but they’re like $2K a night. :lol:

I imagine as the show gets closer they'll do the same thing they did for Rammstein or Taylor Swift and have dedicated commuter rail lines running for it, I paid like, $25 and that covered both to/from the event

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Right on!

Haha yeah, we spent a good while sorting the trip out. My partner and I are going both nights, and we basically designed a whole Boston mini-vacation around it to make the price worth it. We looked at Patriot Place also, but prices are ludicrous :lol: I forget where exactly, but I think we ended up getting a hotel somewhere closer to Wrentham. Then again, we don't really drink a lot anyway :lol: maybe just a beer or two the entire day.

I imagine as the show gets closer they'll do the same thing they did for Rammstein or Taylor Swift and have dedicated commuter rail lines running for it, I paid like, $25 and that covered both to/from the event
They should. Metallica are a big enough act that cities accommodate their events. When they came to Montreal last year, the city basically bent over backwards to have them here. They put up signs all over the public transportation network, they had shuttles, and on the Saturday they even had a special Metallica session during the Montreal Fireworks Festival (which is a big, if not the biggest, deal in the world of fireworks). The pop-up store was also in a prime location downtown. It really felt like a festival weekend more than just a concert.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Haha yeah, we spent a good while sorting the trip out. My partner and I are going both nights, and we basically designed a whole Boston mini-vacation around it to make the price worth it. We looked at Patriot Place also, but prices are ludicrous :lol: I forget where exactly, but I think we ended up getting a hotel somewhere closer to Wrentham. Then again, we don't really drink a lot anyway :lol: maybe just a beer or two the entire day.

For a second I forgot where the show was, and was very confused why you'd go for Wrentham when the show is in Boston - but it's really not "Boston", just in the way on the internet everyone from MA is from "Boston", its in Foxborough. We also have a good sized arena out in Mansfield which is out west, which is usually my #2 assumption for a big band like them, so it was a double check of like, "Boston? No. Mansfield? No. The fuck is the point of Wrentham then?!"

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
For a second I forgot where the show was, and was very confused why you'd go for Wrentham when the show is in Boston - but it's really not "Boston", just in the way on the internet everyone from MA is from "Boston", its in Foxborough. We also have a good sized arena out in Mansfield which is out west, which is usually my #2 assumption for a big band like them, so it was a double check of like, "Boston? No. Mansfield? No. The fuck is the point of Wrentham then?!"
Haha yeah that's fair enough. A lot of the bigger-but-not-as-big-as-Metallica bands that play here usually play in Laval, which is a city directly adjacent to Montreal and only separated by a river. Big rivalry between Montreal and Laval, as it always happens with these kinds of things. Dream Theater got shat on in 2022 for referring to Montreal all the time during their gig in Laval, and when I saw them last year they apologized for 2022... 2 songs later Labrie kept saying Montreal again. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Which will forever be known as Greatwoods, no matter how many different names they’ve named it since.

*laughs in Tweeter Center*

I forget if it's currently the Xfinity Center, but I feel like it is and there was a brief window where it was the COMCAST Center instead, which is what I call it.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
*laughs in Tweeter Center*

I forget if it's currently the Xfinity Center, but I feel like it is and there was a brief window where it was the COMCAST Center instead, which is what I call it.

I think it was Tweeter Center when I was living in Mass, ‘07-‘12. I saw Queensryche there in ‘97 when it was still Greatwoods and I can’t think of any other name for it.

We have a shed down here, nearly an identical setup but less trees, that does the same thing, every other year a new brand has their name on the place.

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
Saw Geoff Tate from Queensryche this past Tuesday night 4/2/2024 in a Bar/Club in Foxboro.
the guy is 65 and can still belt out all those Queesnryche songs from MindCrime and Empire
Very impressive
Lucky man! I only recently really got into Queensryche. I'd always known of them but never did the full dive on their discography til recently. Even their most recent album DNA is amazing. Their vocalists and vocal melodies are absolutely top notch. Do you know why Tate left the band? The new vocalist is absolutely amazing too.

The final chorus in this song into the finale always gets me

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
The most recent show I saw was Haken, at the Fine Line cafe in Minneapolis. They were great but the acoustics weren't so great. All you could hear was the drums, some vocals fading in and out, and the occasional screech of a lead guitar. Notes weren't clear at all, except for a few of the more breakdown-style instrumental breaks.

CerealKiller

Reaction score
Saw Finntroll and Blind Guardian recently, both were great.
Seeing Vader and Hellripper soon-ish, Opeth in June, and Mr. Big late summer.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Including local and smaller hardcore bands, I'd have to make a few posts with how many shows I've been to lately. Next up is Conservative Military Image in Columbus next Friday. Also going to Tied Down Detroit later this year, and flying to Boston for 100 Demons, Buried Dreams' last show, Section H8 Laid 2 Rest, etc. The only show in recent memory that I'm genuinely nervous to attend. :ugh:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Including local and smaller hardcore bands, I'd have to make a few posts with how many shows I've been to lately. Next up is Conservative Military Image in Columbus next Friday. Also going to Tied Down Detroit later this year, and flying to Boston for 100 Demons, Buried Dreams' last show, Section H8 Laid 2 Rest, etc. The only show in recent memory that I'm genuinely nervous to attend. :ugh:
Conservative Military Image is awesome, who they playing with?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Conservative Military Image is awesome, who they playing with?
images

Should be a good time. I've been good friends with Adam (singer) for close to 15 years now, so seeing them pop off the way they have has been awesome. I'm not huuuuge into oi, but I love all the guys and the attitude they bring.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
images

Should be a good time. I've been good friends with Adam (singer) for close to 15 years now, so seeing them pop off the way they have has been awesome. I'm not huuuuge into oi, but I love all the guys and the attitude they bring.
I got into them from End It!'s singer wearing their merch, not an Oi guy myself but it's a refreshing take on it and really cool to see it in the hardcore scene and not some old fart oi band.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Julian Lage is coming to my neck of the woods in September. Definitely going to go to that. I think he’s also got a masterclass before the show but not sure I’ll participate.

I don’t understand jazz whatsoever, but I’m infatuated with the dedication some artists have and recognize that while I may not fully understand what’s going on, there’s some magic happening.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Saw Pat Metheny's dream box tour. 90% of the set he played baritone acoustics and now I need one. Even the trusty Squier Bass VI made an appearance at one point!!

And then I automatically thought of this forum when an 8 STRING BARITONE SCALE ACOUSTIC made an appearance for a medley of the noise album Zero Tolerance For Silence. And now I need one. Bad. But I def can't afford one that Linda Manzer made like his.

Latest posts