What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpexus

Reaction score
Judas Priest on current Tour before I cant see them no more.

Also already booked are Bruce Dickinson in Paris and Ramstein in Spain.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Symphony X playing here at the end of May, have to double check and see if I already bought tickets for that; sounds familiar but it might just be confusion with their last tour here.
Glass Beams is coming around in June, that'd be cool to get ripped and go see.
Molly Tuttle in July, who I've said I should see forever since she put out her EP, but I never do because I'm the worst.

Couple filled in the gap between now and Mastodon/LOG which is nice, we'll see how many I actually end up at though

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Going to Pat Metheny's Dream Box tour. Haven't seen him play guitar live since I saw PMG in 1998.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Saw To Violently Vomit (Disgorge), Stabbing, Frog Mallet, Trash Panda, and a bunch of other bands at Gulf Coast Deathfest a few weeks ago. Was a good time. Never been to Texas before that. The food is overrated though lol.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Saw the Vexed/Aborted/Revocation/Carnifex tour last night and while I pretty much bought the ticket just for Revocation I enjoyed every band the only downside was Revocation were using EVH amps live but every other band seemed to be using modellers and it really showed as you could feel the bass but the actual sound was flat like someone playing a boom box in the corner.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Saw the Vexed/Aborted/Revocation/Carnifex tour last night and while I pretty much bought the ticket just for Revocation I enjoyed every band the only downside was Revocation were using EVH amps live but every other band seemed to be using modellers and it really showed as you could feel the bass but the actual sound was flat like someone playing a boom box in the corner.

Aw yeah, VEXED's first album rules, when I first heard their singer - who's name I'm blanking on, but I want to say Abby/Chelsea for whatever reason - it reminded me of hearing Angela with Arch Enemy for the first time.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
Made the trip to Indianapolis to see Left to Die. In two weeks I'm hopefully going up to Detroit to see Vio-lence, Exhorder and Deceased.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was at Ancient emblem (crust/ Black metal) and Okus (Crust/ grind leaning hardcore) at the new DIY space here, earlier on. Good times.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I’m seeing Cake with a buddy in May. Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are going to be a couple hours away next month but I think that show is a day or two after my pup’s surgery, so that’s a no go.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Now that is a band I don't know super well, yet would love to see live. Shame they're not coming through Detroit/SE Michigan or Toronto.
That is actually surprising because it’s a two month long tour or more. I had never listened to them and it was so amazing. Wild how much of their stuff was that far ahead of the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Saw Abilgail Williams, Uada and Rotting Christ a few days ago. Pretty good sets, Uada never fails to deliver - plus the singer has a sick pre-refined Parker Fly.

Rotting Christ was cool, felt weird seeing them on Easter weekend, though :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
afraid not. I live under a rock and tend to stay there for long periods of time

how was the show?
I did not make the 5hr trip to find out.

But misery signals just announced their farewell tour so I’ll be in for that.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Next week: again persefone and hypno5e (yeah I am a fan boy) but than with Obscura and Cynic... ,man super looking forward to that as well!
Okay I am kind of finally ready to give some feedback upon above show. Obscura was cool, only what is now the current line up? No Jeroen and no David, but other guys where also killing it. And to be fare as long as Christian is there I am a happy camper.

However after obscura cynic played. I was very looking forward to that. Well first the good: band was killing it, super tight, drummers was great and did justice to Sean, as well as the bassplayer did to the other Sean. However rest was a mess. Sound was bad, technical problems between songs, it was to short and very sudden ended. Like if they kind of stout on the stage for the first time. Steffen from Obscura did the grunds wat was cool, only he read the lyrics from paper, kind of mhe. So in general I was disappointed, the band is killing and I am sure they can put up a killer show but that night it was mhe. I really hope the rest of the tour was better and this where kind of start up problems. I did serious consider to travel abroad for a other show but time was not on my side.

What was super cool that also hypno5e played (sick as usual) but also Persefone (sick as usual), and they played Living Waves together with Paul. That was a very special moment I must say

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to see Metallica (again) but this time on the floor and in Boston :)

Iron Maiden in October, just cause I've never seen them live! About time.

And one I am super excited about: BEAT in October. That King Crimson cover band with the crazy lineup: Belew himself, Danny Carey, Tony Levin, and Steve Vai. It's gonna be a blast! Gonna have to start digging my fingers deeper into King Crimson material the months prior.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Going to see Metallica (again) but this time on the floor and in Boston :)

Iron Maiden in October, just cause I've never seen them live! About time.

And one I am super excited about: BEAT in October. That King Crimson cover band with the crazy lineup: Belew himself, Danny Carey, Tony Levin, and Steve Vai. It's gonna be a blast! Gonna have to start digging my fingers deeper into King Crimson material the months prior.

The Gillette Stadium show? I’ll be there!

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Saw Satch/Vai last weekend and I’m going to see Wolfgang VH this weekend, or Mammoth. Intervals is opening the show, I know I’ve probably heard them before but I’m just going to wait for the show to listen to them again, I’d rather hear shit live for the first time than the studio stuff.

owlexifry

Reaction score
made a list minute decision and saw TBDM last night @ the gov, Adelaide.

IMG_2828.jpeg

im there for the riffs, but gotta say, brian did a great job (all things considered)

brandon and ryan both performed brilliantly.
(as did drummer and bass player).

was glad to see actual real amps on the stage, especially for an international act.
last couple times I was at this venue, saw Slaughter to Prevail (meh), and Behemoth (OMFG) and they both used modelers (nothing onstage).
yes it doesn’t matter, but it’s still cool to see.

IMG_2829.jpeg

set list was fucken great!
the played the rippers off verminous (incl. sunless empire with that incredible solo), at least x1 from nightbringers, the top x3 from nocturnal, x2 from miasma (statutory ape, miasma), and even x2 from unhallowed! (and some others)
ended up being about 1 hour set.
fuck yeah.

had to go to work today so i didn’t have the energy to stick around for carcass (headliner)