What bands did you see live recently / are waiting to see?

• Thread starter p0ke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Still fucking annoyed here that Cattle Decap won't be coming to Finland on their EU tour... I mean, it's possible by all means for me to go see them in Stockholm, but it's gonna be a major pain in the ass since it's on a Wednesday. I'd have to wake up super early to catch the cruise ship, I'd have to bring my laptop and work most of the cruise, then I'd have to get an airbnb or similar to stay the night in Stockholm and then again catch the boat super early next morning (probably with a hangover) and work on the way back again. Or take days off and loose the money, which would make the trip unbearably expensive. And it's already expensive without taking days off (probably like 200€ in total).
Plus, I don't have anyone to take with me, since my friends here don't like that heavy music, and my friends in Gothenburg will attend the Gothenburg show... Blaaaah.

But I'm still seriously considering it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
The things you do because you love your kids. Last night...

Lauran Hibberd + Grayscale + Gym Class Heroes + All Time Low

I find it funny that my daughter loves late 90's / early 2000's pop punk. I thought everyone at that show would be mid 30's - mid 40's. To my surprise is was a teen - early 20's crowd.

At least TesseracT is coming up on 10/5.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
G3 reunion in Vegas in January
Ra in March

Ra is on my bucket list, such an underrated/underappreciated band. I've never seen them live; would prefer on headliner but have to get it where I can.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Saw Crowbar last week Syracuse, they are always great.

Waiting to Ulcerate and then Bongzilla.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
My ticket for Parkway Drive got “upgraded” but it seems worse than what I used to have wtf.

wankerness

Reaction score
Since everyone's talking about Canibal Corpse, Mayhem, Cattle Decapitation, Cryptopsy, etc, I went to Peter Gabriel on a whim last night. Some of the best live sound I've ever heard, Tony Levin in particular had the best live bass sound I've ever heard and was switching instruments constantly. That guy is one of those bassists where even when he plays something simple you can immediately tell you're hearing a beast. Anyway, I only recognized like three songs but it was still quite the show and I was VERY surprised that it appeared as though he'd sold out the stadium. Very cool visuals on this tour, too, there were like six floating screens that could be moved around either in front of or behind the stage and projectors tracked them all and all the songs had strong visual components. Best song was one that featured a countdown and then an apocalypse, no clue what that was. The whole place went insane when he did "In Your Eyes" for the first encore. I was impressed! That guy still sounds quite good for being 73.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Paid the Buck$ to see U2 opening the Sphere in Las Vegas on Friday night. Quite incredible; nearly a religious experience.

devastone

Reaction score
Since everyone's talking about Canibal Corpse, Mayhem, Cattle Decapitation, Cryptopsy, etc, I went to Peter Gabriel on a whim last night. Some of the best live sound I've ever heard, Tony Levin in particular had the best live bass sound I've ever heard and was switching instruments constantly. That guy is one of those bassists where even when he plays something simple you can immediately tell you're hearing a beast. Anyway, I only recognized like three songs but it was still quite the show and I was VERY surprised that it appeared as though he'd sold out the stadium. Very cool visuals on this tour, too, there were like six floating screens that could be moved around either in front of or behind the stage and projectors tracked them all and all the songs had strong visual components. Best song was one that featured a countdown and then an apocalypse, no clue what that was. The whole place went insane when he did "In Your Eyes" for the first encore. I was impressed! That guy still sounds quite good for being 73.
I have tix for PG here on the 16th, been wanting to see him for decades. Wasn't a huge fan in the 80s, but after seeing the Secret World Live DVD I wanted to see him live, finally have the chance.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
At the Gaerea, Blackbraid, and Wolves in the Throne Room show in Detroit at the moment. Blackbraid is about to come on and I'm stoked. Gaerea put on a great show and sounded awesome, too.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing Hatebreed play the final show at our local club in Poughkeepsie (really hoping someone else buys it and fixes it up) end of October, and then Botch, Converge, and Cave In in November. That's probably it's for 2023 for me.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Finally caught EYEHATEGOD live with Goatwhore supporting.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Saw the ocean a week ago. Way more calm parts than they did 10 years ago, which is when I last saw them. It felt like it kinda built up to nothing in the end, and it wasn't helped by the audience loudly discussing how their weekend was going.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw the ocean a week ago. Way more calm parts than they did 10 years ago, which is when I last saw them. It felt like it kinda built up to nothing in the end, and it wasn't helped by the audience loudly discussing how their weekend was going.
I was just talking about this with someone over the weekend. I cannot fathom people going to a show to have a conversation. Either sing the words, scream "yeah" or "woo" at the appropriate times, or shut the fuck up.

Latest posts