What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I played the original Deus Ex last summer (I think it was last summer?) and as long as you're tolerant of the janky-ness of that era of PC games, it still holds up pretty good. Invisible War was also better than it got credit for IMO.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished Dishonored 2 over the weekend and it enjoyed it about as much as the first, which is to say a lot. I played it as Emily on High Chaos for the Flesh and Steel achievement (rejected Outsider' gift so no magic) so it didn't do anything too crazy different from the first. Looking forward to trying a Ghost run with spells and seeing the difference between Emily and Corvo.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Snagged Soul Caliber 6 with a game card for my bday; woman suggested it as we haven’t played anything with each other for a long time and we both enjoyed the last two, it’s been years.

Slowly learning everybody again, we’ve had a blast kicking the shit out of each other. Haven’t played a 3D fighter for a long time, still fun and at 45 I still kick ass.

My nephew 12 yr old is a MONSTER at anything video games and he can’t come close...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Did I mention at any point that I've started playing Pokemon X? The thing that strikes me with these entries is that even though this is the 6th gen, with something like 17 or 18 years in between, it shares so much design with the original games still.

mongey

Reaction score
still enjoying baba is you. as you get into it ,it does have its frustrations. been stuck on a couple puzzles and checked online for help and at time it feels like it changes the rules on you without telling you

still great ideas though

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
I picked up the Deus Ex collection on sale on Steam this weekend. Enjoying Human Revolution again but looking forward to the original as well- never played much of that.
Just remember to invest points in what you want to do. It's more of a traditional RPG, so even if you have perfect aim, you can miss every shot if your pistol skill is too low.
zkg62rb0d1g01.jpg

thedonal

Reaction score
Just remember to invest points in what you want to do. It's more of a traditional RPG, so even if you have perfect aim, you can miss every shot if your pistol skill is too low.

Cheers! Willdo. It's interesting to see the different skill mechanics in different RPG systems- even across a particular series (Diablo comes to mind- skill books in the first then skill trees in the second, or TES with skills that improve specifically as you use them- my favourite mechanism).

Currently on Human Revolution- might have to do the Game plus second playthrough just to max it all out! I'm sure I've missed a few secrets on this playthrough. Interesting to see how the boss battles have changed on the Director's Cut.

I did another 45 mins of Alien Isolation last night- very early on. Bloody terrifying! :D

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Borderlands to be on the PSN store (all the Gamespot around here basically have their copies spoken for) so I can download now and it's ready when I get out of work.... And it's not there. What the hell Gearbox?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently Gearbox tweeted the game is dropping 10am ET. Sooo another 45 minutes.

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the ability to start downloads on the PS4 remotely. :p

I realized I don't know how much this costs...and don't care!! Well, as long as it isn't 100 bucks.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the ability to start downloads on the PS4 remotely. :p

I realized I don't know how much this costs...and don't care!! Well, as long as it isn't 100 bucks.

Xbox One allows for it as well, you just need to have your settings set to allow for it as one of the startup modes

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The PS App is being a pain and now letting me finish my Borderlands purchase. Bastards.

Also going to go put my Borderlands 3 preorder down ASAP. May even splurge on one of the fancy editions.

wankerness

Reaction score
It's a game where I have some faith in the season pass, as the first two games both had multiple good DLC packs that I would have bought anyway. It's been a while so maybe I'll get ripped off, but whatever. I'll just hope they go more the BL1/2 route than say, the Far Cry 5 route.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard the writing for BL3 is suppose to be more like the first game.

Anyway, yup, playing Borderlands. It's glorious. I don't remember the first one being gorier than the other games. Anyway, Ralyks03 on PS4 if anyone wants to play.

wankerness

Reaction score
The first one is radically gorier than the sequels. Heads and limbs pop off in sprays of blood, guys get electrocuted or melted into skeletons, etc. The second one removed all those effects in a conscious effort to not get in trouble with some countries’ censors I think was the story. It took some of the ridiculousness away IMO!

I just hit level 20 and called it a day. I died a few times in random encounters and trying to do the circle of slaughter or w/e at level 13. I’m rusty. At least sledge was a pushover. I’m going siren with defensive skills and the overpowered smg mod like a coward.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Finished Dishonored 2 over the weekend and it enjoyed it about as much as the first, which is to say a lot. I played it as Emily on High Chaos for the Flesh and Steel achievement (rejected Outsider' gift so no magic) so it didn't do anything too crazy different from the first. Looking forward to trying a Ghost run with spells and seeing the difference between Emily and Corvo.
her shadow beast moves are awespme, but corvo has blink, which is a wayyyyy faster and better traversal tool, especially if you're trying to ghost ( i've been caught mid swing with emily's shadow tendril move)

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The first one is radically gorier than the sequels. Heads and limbs pop off in sprays of blood, guys get electrocuted or melted into skeletons, etc. The second one removed all those effects in a conscious effort to not get in trouble with some countries’ censors I think was the story. It took some of the ridiculousness away IMO!

Wonder if 3 will have the gore, since they retained it for this rerelease. You're right, it as an awesome layer of ridiculousness!

Anyway. I got to level 10 and called it a night. I foresee playing a lot through the week. So much for my Kingdom Hearts binge...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Putting Lost Paradise aside for a bit and started playing the Assault Suit Leynos/Target Earth remake. I wasn't familiar with Leynos as I was with Valken/Cybernator, but the controls and gameplay are the same. And it's old school hard. Relentless and unforgiving if you make a mistake and not keep your shield up, and I died a lot, but never frustrated and more determined to keep playing... reminds me of another hard game. Loving it as an alternative to the large time sinks that I've accustomed to lately.