What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Heh. That makes me feel better about sucking. But, I only have 1 on Xbox360/PC and I'm not sure if I care enough to hook one of them up. I do need to play RDR1 at some point also though so maybe it's time.

I thought 2 was supposed to be the hardest of the DS games?
2 is hard only because it has bullshit enemy placements in spots and has some really nasty level designs (ex lots of enemies that can do knockback damage and send you flying off of the numerous ledges/platforms). it's the one souls game i'd say to not even bother with just due to it being the least like ds1 or demon's souls. DS1 and the others were hard, but fair, so long as you pay attention and fight intelligently. DS2 is much meaner spirited with the enemy placement and general level design. I remember screaming THAT'S BULLSHIT on more than occasion playing it, whereas DS1 and bloodborne//DS3 didn't make me rage anywhere near the same amount.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
I can't count how many times i've uninstalled/reinstalled Bloodborne at this point haha, might be time for a reinstall actually as i wanna get Sekiro but idk how much it's gonna kick my ass.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I can't count how many times i've uninstalled/reinstalled Bloodborne at this point haha, might be time for a reinstall actually as i wanna get Sekiro but idk how much it's gonna kick my ass.
ehh from what I've heard sekiro is easier if only because you have the option to stealth. It still forces you to git gud as far as countering/blocking though. If anything it's more brutal in that aspect as you literally have to get good at those mechanics to progress.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
I played bloodborne first. the first few hours are really a grind fest but once you get a taste for it ,it really is a great game.

I don't know how many times I grinded through the first level loop to level up . but once i got through that first hurdle it felt pretty balanced

wankerness

Reaction score
Did you level up before fighting that first boss? Maybe that's my problem. I leveled once.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
The cleric beast strategy (first real boss) I use is to get get in his face and be aggressive. Also dodge left. For 90% of bosses “dodge left” works when you’re unsure.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, I was backing up out of range all the time so he’d occasionally jump, and it seemed like a crapshoot as to whether he’d miss me or squash me no matter how much/little I moved. And I’d always dodge right!

I wasn’t sure why he’d occasionally get stunned, either. I never risked using the gun since I have the slow-firing blunderbuss. I think that was the wrong choice!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm towards the end of KH Dream Drop Distance. Since Birth By Sleep 0.2 is suppose to be short, I'm trying to get to KH3 by this weekend.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaaaand Dream Drop Distance done.
I dug how it kinda ended up being Rikus story. He's totally redeemed himself for me after the first game
Probably just going to grab KH3 later since BBS 0.2 is basically demo length. I get now how you really need to play everything to even attempt to know what's going on.

wankerness

Reaction score
EAAAAAAAAAAGLE
seriously though they are the fucking worst enemy in that game.

Every time I hear someone yell "Eagle" and they're in the vicinity I'm headed, I have to stop what I'm doing and look for the eagle flying around and try to sharpshoot the damn thing since I usually can't kill it after it starts swooping at me without taking half my life in damage!! It really upsets the flow. Same thing with if I hear that eagle cry and it's loud. I am not surprised they ditched eagle attacks for 5. It's ridiculous that they're so much more dangerous than tigers/leopards.

The other thing I really don't like is when enemies try to retake outposts, so again I have to stop whatever I'm doing and head back there and shoot dudes for a while. Still better than eagles! Other than these two annoyances this seems pretty good. People complain about the villain not being any good, but who cares? It's pretty much just a gameplay loop/sandbox. Whenever I have to watch people talk to me I want there to be a skip cutscene button :p I like that it doesn't use that FC5 system where if you did much of anything you'd get unavoidably captured by the faction that controlled that region and do some non-optional plot quest, repeat a couple times, and then all enemies would just permanently disappear so you couldn't do all the quests in a region in one playthrough. I like grinding out all the towers and bases without worrying about doing too many of them causing everything else to disappear!

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Every time I hear someone yell "Eagle" and they're in the vicinity I'm headed, I have to stop what I'm doing and look for the eagle flying around and try to sharpshoot the damn thing since I usually can't kill it after it starts swooping at me without taking half my life in damage!! It really upsets the flow. Same thing with if I hear that eagle cry and it's loud. I am not surprised they ditched eagle attacks for 5. It's ridiculous that they're so much more dangerous than tigers/leopards.

The other thing I really don't like is when enemies try to retake outposts, so again I have to stop whatever I'm doing and head back there and shoot dudes for a while. Still better than eagles! Other than these two annoyances this seems pretty good. People complain about the villain not being any good, but who cares? It's pretty much just a gameplay loop/sandbox. Whenever I have to watch people talk to me I want there to be a skip cutscene button :p I like that it doesn't use that FC5 system where if you did much of anything you'd get unavoidably captured by the faction that controlled that region and do some non-optional plot quest, repeat a couple times, and then all enemies would just permanently disappear so you couldn't do all the quests in a region in one playthrough. I like grinding out all the towers and bases without worrying about doing too many of them causing everything else to disappear!
yeah the having to retake outposts is kind of annoying, but at the same time, stuff felt kind of desolate once I took all the outposts in 2 and 3. It adds some dynamics to the game, kind of like random encounters in red dead or witcher.
I haven't played 5 yet since I'm still messing around with sekiro.

wankerness

Reaction score
So far the only feature I'm really missing in FC 4 from 5 are the companions. They're kind of lazily programmed (the dog can't even get in the car with you!!! crime rectified in FC New Dawn at least) and just repeat the same lines a lot, but they're fun, can help a lot depending on which you use for what situation, and they make running around the wilderness seem a lot less desolate. Even if you have to wait for them sometimes.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got to Kingdom Hearts 3. About 4 hours in, it was worth going through the other games to get here. Beautiful game, combat is a fun as it's ever been, the story actually feels like it's coming together, and even the dialogue, while still cringy at the points, still feels like a step up.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m doing a big ass 1000 piece puzzle of cats doing yoga with the wife. It’s fucking hard. Lmao. Thankfully it wasn’t “beautiful mountainside sunflowers” for 1k pieces.