What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
anyone playing bloodstained on switch ? Id be keen to play it but I read bad things about the switch version .Home life means all my gaming is done on my commute. so ps4 play through inst going to happen

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
been playing a shitload of siege. I haven't played in years, so I'm trash at the game, but it's still a ton of fun.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Decided to prolong my negligence or Prince Noctis and The New ManPower Generation and bought Samurai Shodown 2019 on a whim.

It's a weird fighting game to release in the climate of anime ADD combos and gimmicky mechanics. SamSho19 ignores all that, and offers almost nothing new. Whatever unique mechanics have all been in previous SNK games before. The game barely if not ever focuses on combos, and rushing in on the offense or even a slight mistake punishes you HARD. Lots of focus on defense, pokes/footsies, slow but powerful round ending weapon strikes. Matches are much slower paced and drawn out to the point of agonising at times. Some matches may just be staring matches between turtles that suddenly becomes a race against the clock on who makes the first mistake.

And that's exactly why I love the Samurai Showdown games. It's a real patient man's game. There's unique charm in every character that so many fighting games lack and it's still the deepest weapon based fighting game. SamSho19 is certainly scratching that itch better than Soul Calibur 6 did so I'll be enjoying the hell out of this for a while... well until I get Judgement at a decent price anyway.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
Ok right now I’m playing:
Mega man 11
Robonauts and one strike *total of 50 cents in the Nintendo sale shop

Anyone else love Qubic games?

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Just finished all the Uncharted Games. Good fun but a bit overrated.

Not sure what to play next... There is nothing new that i would pay full price for. Maybe i will dive back on to my "Asshole" Play through of Fallout 4 i put aside two years ago.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Just finished all the Uncharted Games. Good fun but a bit overrated.

Not sure what to play next... There is nothing new that i would pay full price for. Maybe i will dive back on to my "Asshole" Play through of Fallout 4 i put aside two years ago.
If you have FO4 on PC, then install a bunch of mods, they really breathe new life into the game.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I know Xbox got the lions share of good Skyrim mods. I’m on PS4 and due to some limiting rule they basically cut out any good or interesting mods.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Took a break from FF10 after a Marlboro in calm lands just TPK’d my party for the first time ever after I’d been capturing creatures for a half hour.

Just started playing Dragons Crown Pro. The levels are short enough that I’m really liking the pacing/gameplay loop and I like being able to use AI conpanions. The art style is so awesome too. Running around as a blonde Ghimli swinging hammers.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Chapter 11 in Yakuza Kiwami 2. Probably going to buy Judgement after I finish YK2 so I can still hang out in Kamurocho until either one, finally announce the Yakuza 3 to 5 remasters in the west or two, I just hunt down a copy of 3 on PS3 since I already got 4 and 5 for free at random points on PS3.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
Anyone who plays splatoon or super smash, please add me, we can get a friend game/lobby going...
PM me with your switch code and user/name....please, And thanks!

My name is hiddnsword, ill post code later

Werecow

Reaction score
Replaying Fallout New Vegas for the 20th time. sigh. Everything I wanted to play got pushed to 2020. >:| Epic.

I love New Vegas. What games got pushed to 2020 for you? I'm guessing Outer Worlds is one?

Werecow

Reaction score
So far, that's still in October. I was going to start Borderlands 3 in April until CDProjektRed fucked that up in the best way possible.

Ribboz mentioned Epic, so i'm assuming that like for me, it definitely means 2020 release date :)

Yeh man, i really can't wait for Cyberpunk. I've gone on blackout now though as i think they're revealing too much of the story (including that last trailer from E3). I don't want to know anymore about the game.

Ribboz

Enjoy
Reaction score
I love New Vegas. What games got pushed to 2020 for you? I'm guessing Outer Worlds is one?
Outer Worlds is one. Was really looked forward to it. But the first insult was Metro Exodus. I don't preorder. But I was willing to spend full price. Then I heard it was being taken off steam. Quickly jumped to buy it. I missed out on buying Metro Exodus by a MINUTE. I know because I added it to my cart, refreshed the page, and it was taken down. Now I have to wait a year. Well they lost out on full price. I'll wait for a sale. Same for Outer Worlds.

I'm also extremely excited for Cyberpunk 2077. I'm buying that from GoG. :)