What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
GOT is pretty damn good overall, up there in top 5 for open world games, that's for sure.

I've been playing NFS Heat since I got it for like, $3 and it's fun to just have a racing game on hand; but man, some of the race AI is just outright broken, and it's easy to find others saying the same thing. I can have the exact same car, with what I KNOW is better upgrades than what the PC player would be using based on the recommended level, and I still never win. Straightaways doing easily 50mph more than me at 120+, corners taken with zero ease in of braking and immediately accelerating out of them back to top speed.

Only thing you can really do is come back WELL above the levels and fucking smash it just out of spire. I bought the RX7 last night as I was in need of a dedicated drift car and that thing does it in spades, tell you what. My main cruisers are either a FORD Mustang GT or a Mitsubishi EVO, the latter having insane acceleration compared to some others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The dragon sanctum has all those platforms that move up and down based on you hitting those pillar switches, some of which you can only hit with a bow. I think the second bonfire involves getting pillars all in the right place to make a path to them. The next one is inside the hallways and behind a locked door you have to open with a switch. The other ones you’re seeing as “close” on a map I think are way up high and you can’t get to them till you’ve gone through most of the level.

Yeah, turns out a couple of the switches to shoot are in really weird places. And yeah, I realize the place is a tower (I've unlocked the bridge thing from the outside), but I haven't found the bonfire or a way to proceed yet. I keep dying in really stupid ways while searching too :lol:

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm sort of curious to replay Ghost of Tsushima after going through the likes of Sekiro a few times and loving that combat system so much. My memory of Ghost of Tsushima was it was basically just rock paper scissors with the four stances - you choose the stance to counter whichever enemy type was attacking you, and they basically just fall over dead. I do remember thinking the Straw Hat Ronin "missions" were a lot harder and same with some of the boss fights, but I don't even remember how they played.

I remember thinking Ghost of Tsushima was like, the best version of Assassins Creed. It was that Ubisoft open world format, but the world was smaller so it felt less bloated, and it was a lot prettier and more stylized graphically. The only problem was I found the story and characters unengaging, it was all just so dour and dry.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Oh man, do I feel stupid now. I finally found that bonfire, but still no way to proceed - went through everything super closely, despawned almost everything, and only then I realized there was an obelisk thing in the cave outside you had to hit to activate an elevator that takes you up to the bridge that was activated before.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Ok so I got to the Dragon's Rest and the boss there. Very annoying this one. I don't have any issue fighting her otherwise, but anytime she summons the skeletons I'm dead, immediately. Even with summoned NPC's, the skeletons all just gang up on me and I don't get a chance to heal because the drinking animation takes months. I feel like maybe I should use some AOE pyromancy or something to get rid of them all quickly.
Also one time I pretty much had her but then the durability of my Smelter Sword ran out and I died in the menu changing weapons :lol: Should've had my hammer ready in the second slot... And the worst part is having to do the annoying platforming down the tower every time to get to her (and I also visit the altar in the shrine of amana to get my humanity back between attempts), I really wish there was a bonfire at the bottom!

wankerness

Reaction score
Weird. I always thought of that boss as a joke if she summons skeletons and incredibly difficult when she summons Velstadt (hammer man). Guess we did not have similar builds! I usually summoned one npc cause any more and the damage reduction she’d get made it harder.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Weird. I always thought of that boss as a joke if she summons skeletons and incredibly difficult when she summons Velstadt (hammer man). Guess we did not have similar builds! I usually summoned one npc cause any more and the damage reduction she’d get made it harder.

Funny enough, I had absolutely no problem with Velstadt. I guess it's just because my attack is pretty slow, I'm much better against one strong enemy than multiple weak ones. One time I killed Velstadt three times in the same fight :lol:
I was also playing remotely so there was a fair bit of input lag, for whatever reason it gets worse when enemies are being summoned. I'll try on the actual console next time.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I went and acquired the Crypt Blacksword - The Rotten was really easy even on NG+ level. I think I even used a summon before, but now I just went in solo and killed him with my hammer. He grabbed me once, which I barely survived, but other than that I dodged everything. I guess I'm getting pretty decent at this game :lol:

I can't use the sword efficiently yet though, gotta get some INT levels first.

Still didn't beat that boss in the Dragon's Rest though - I don't know what it is about it, but I just keep getting unlucky. She summoned Velstadt twice and I killed it, but then some stupid fireball killed me because I wasn't quick enough to drink estus. Maybe next time...

wankerness

Reaction score
I went and acquired the Crypt Blacksword - The Rotten was really easy even on NG+ level. I think I even used a summon before, but now I just went in solo and killed him with my hammer. He grabbed me once, which I barely survived, but other than that I dodged everything. I guess I'm getting pretty decent at this game :lol:

I can't use the sword efficiently yet though, gotta get some INT levels first.

Still didn't beat that boss in the Dragon's Rest though - I don't know what it is about it, but I just keep getting unlucky. She summoned Velstadt twice and I killed it, but then some stupid fireball killed me because I wasn't quick enough to drink estus. Maybe next time...
I'd just go do the other DLCs and come back. She's not going anywhere!

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Played a bit of Fallout 4's current gen update just to see how it looks and... it looks exactly like the 2015 version? :lol:

I really can't tell the difference. It looks terrible, just like it did in 2015. They could at least have added better illumination (I think that's the BIGGEST problem, besides the horrible horrible human faces), but the game's engine would probably explode.

They added a few extra missions, upped the resolution and so on and so forth, but it's still an ugly thing updated for bigger screens regardless.

If you didn't mind and liked the game before you'll probably still like it now. Except that the update will probably fuck up all your mods if you have them :lol:

Maybe they should ask the Fallout series producers how to do it.

wankerness

Reaction score
Played a bit of Fallout 4's current gen update just to see how it looks and... it looks exactly like the 2015 version? :lol:

I really can't tell the difference. It looks terrible, just like it did in 2015. They could at least have added better illumination (I think that's the BIGGEST problem, besides the horrible horrible human faces), but the game's engine would probably explode.

They added a few extra missions, upped the resolution and so on and so forth, but it's still an ugly thing updated for bigger screens regardless.

If you didn't mind and liked the game before you'll probably still like it now. Except that the update will probably fuck up all your mods if you have them :lol:

Maybe they should ask the Fallout series producers how to do it.
The big difference is that on console it's now 60 fps instead of 30. This was already possible with PC mods or Xbox mods, though, so I don't think there's any benefit to either of those groups. Though from what I've been reading about this game the last couple days, the PC framerate was always low because the game inexplicably tied attack animations to frames, so if you force-increased the framerate with an INI or whatever basically everything was a buggy disaster, you had to get an actual mod to get the framerate up to a reasonable level.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a big difference... if you care about that kind of thing. I guess you can play the game as a shooter if you want, and it's nice if the game runs at 60FPS, but I personally couldn't care less.

I like to look at nice things more. That's why I said it still looks like crap :lol: (which it did before).

That said, I've seen a few reports about the game breaking on PC if you go above a certain FPS threshold (I think it was 120FPS or something like that). But... Bethesda.

wankerness

Reaction score
What I want is a next gen rerelease for Fallout New Vegas. I really want to play that game but I only have it on xbox 360 and the load times and everything are really bad. The reasonable thing to do would be buy it on PC, but I just can't do mouse/keyboard anymore.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
What I want is a next gen rerelease for Fallout New Vegas. I really want to play that game but I only have it on xbox 360 and the load times and everything are really bad. The reasonable thing to do would be buy it on PC, but I just can't do mouse/keyboard anymore.
You can plug in an Xbox or PS5 controller to your PC and it should automatically download the necessary drivers to make it work, no? Doesn't get much easier than that (though, tbf I haven't tried with a PS5 controller and only use an Xbone controller, which I find super comfy anyway).

wankerness

Reaction score
You can plug in an Xbox or PS5 controller to your PC and it should automatically download the necessary drivers to make it work, no? Doesn't get much easier than that (though, tbf I haven't tried with a PS5 controller and only use an Xbone controller, which I find super comfy anyway).
Yeah, I use a controller on the PC for non FPS games. Shooters on PC though always lack all the stuff like aim assist done on console to make them playable with a controller cause they expect you to be using M/K.

I guess Fallout New Vegas probably doesn't matter at all what your accuracy is like with aim though.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I'd just go do the other DLCs and come back. She's not going anywhere!

Hmm, true! Might actually do exactly that. I guess there's no "NPC is the final boss of the next DLC so won't help in the fight if defeated" situation in this game either, so might as well check the other stuff out.

wankerness

Reaction score
Hmm, true! Might actually do exactly that. I guess there's no "NPC is the final boss of the next DLC so won't help in the fight if defeated" situation in this game either, so might as well check the other stuff out.
Yeah, AFAIK the only situation like that is Dark Souls 3. I also think the boss right after her is way harder than her, so it makes sense to kill some of the easier ones in the other two DLCs.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I guess Fallout New Vegas probably doesn't matter at all what your accuracy is like with aim though.

I doesn't matter at all indeed. And there are a few huge patches that address a lot of the original game's issues.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yeah, AFAIK the only situation like that is Dark Souls 3. I also think the boss right after her is way harder than her, so it makes sense to kill some of the easier ones in the other two DLCs.

Yeah, that was a joke. I know DS3 is the only one that has that, and even there just that one case. I feel like I'm totally cut out to kill the boss, I've just been unlucky af each time. The most annoying part is just getting there, if there was a bonfire next to the fog gate I would've probably had it already. But if I understand correctly there is a bonfire between the bosses? That would be super convenient...

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a joke. I know DS3 is the only one that has that, and even there just that one case. I feel like I'm totally cut out to kill the boss, I've just been unlucky af each time. The most annoying part is just getting there, if there was a bonfire next to the fog gate I would've probably had it already. But if I understand correctly there is a bonfire between the bosses? That would be super convenient...
Yeah there’s no run back to speak of on the next one. Make sure you have repair the spell or a lot of repair powder though.