What Genre should be Bulb/Periphery/Fellsilent/Tesseract named under?

• Thread starter AeonSolus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol_que.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Whats wrong with labelling things? It just makes it easier for me to find music thats similar to what i'm looking for...

Say somebody came up to you asking for some similar bands to say...Gorguts. Just tell them to look under Death metal/Avant Garde death metal on wiki and you dont have to rec them jack shit. They can just use the magic of wiki to find similar bands :lol:

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Whats wrong with labelling things? It just makes it easier for me to find music thats similar to what i'm looking for...

Say somebody came up to you asking for some similar bands to say...Gorguts. Just tell them to look under Death metal/Avant Garde death metal on wiki and you dont have to rec them jack shit. They can just use the magic of wiki to find similar bands :lol:

THANK YOU! :bowdown:

bulb

Reaction score
i wish that you guys would just start calling us emopop/punk so that we can start climbing the charts already and be on TRL 24/7!

oh and that motivator made ell oh ell for reals out loud haha!

Choop

uwu
Reaction score

It's just that people don't always agree with what subgenre a band may belong to, even if it is on wiki or whatever. A band could be described as belonging to a number of genres, so who is really to say which a band should belong to EXACTLY, ya know? Massive over categorization mostly bothers me really because of having to deal with the elitists who have to be douchebags about it. It isn't subjective in how a band sounds literally, but people who have different experience with music may categorize it differently, and then egos go wild. Some think it makes them superior or something to have the most complicated or "unique" opinion of what a band should be.

I guess the categories aren't such a big deal, but I wish some people would lighten up about it too.

(this isn't directed at anybody in the forum, just guys irl that ive met. o_O)