What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Probably one of these this summer

FEN%200171022%20735.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I love how they angled the control plate so you could actually see things when playing. In classic German fashion they also kept the dials impossibly close together, though.

JSil13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well I ended up ordering a matching cab for the 5153 Stealth. I'll start there and probably be totally cool with it. I also ordered a Boss noise suppressor. It's what I used to use way back in the day and I'm mainly using it to kill feedback for quick stops while playing. Makes editing recordings much easier.

So I guess next on the list of things I want but don't need is a Maxon 808.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Waiting on the Deluxe Reverb to be fixed still (he said he'd warranty it out and install the new 6v6s I gave him, since he's guessing it was a tube failure and it blew another resistor), but I'm heavily considering sending it to Alessandro if the price on his ebay store is accurate for his handwired mod. Then I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that the amp isn't going to randomly break down on me again, the amp will be worth quite a bit more if I ever want to sell it, and it'll probably sound ever so slightly better. Seems like a win-win to me, otherwise I was considering just selling it and trying to buy another DR clone that's more reliable. The amp sounds glorious and, with the mod, it'll still be cheaper than any of the "boutique" versions out there 🤷‍♂️

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the most versatile/bang/buck Diezel Technomancer?

Can't really comment since I've only actually played the Herbert MkIII. That said buying from the EU and having a tech rewire the transformer for US voltages will save you a LOT of money. I lucked out with my Herbert but if I grab a VH4 it's going to be from Thomann and I'll switch the tap wires myself.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Can't really comment since I've only actually played the Herbert MkIII. That said buying from the EU and having a tech rewire the transformer for US voltages will save you a LOT of money. I lucked out with my Herbert but if I grab a VH4 it's going to be from Thomann and I'll switch the tap wires myself.
Great info on that.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Sucks about the Uber. Honestly probably the best sounding Bogner I've heard judging by the videos.
In my honest opinion, the original Uber sounds better. I felt like I was trying to dial in the original uber sound when I had the mk 2 (and failing). It just sounds more compressed and artificial to my ear compared to the og amps. I have a rev blue now and I have absolutely no desire for the mk2

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, the original Uber sounds better. I felt like I was trying to dial in the original uber sound when I had the mk 2 (and failing). It just sounds more compressed and artificial to my ear compared to the og amps. I have a rev blue now and I have absolutely no desire for the mk2

I actually really like channel 2, just not enough for what it costs currently. I'll likely pick another one up in the future though.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
What is the most versatile/bang/buck Diezel Technomancer?
Most versatile is the VHX, but it's not the one I would buy even if they were all the same price.

They generally all cover the same ground in different ways. The VH4, imo, has a pretty bad clean channel on basically every revision I've played so that's a mark against it. The Hagen supposedly updates the VH4 in a lot of ways, but I haven't played one to know if my specific gripes have been fixed. I have a Herbert and VH4 both plugged into cabs at any given time (along with JP2C, JVM and Meshuggah) but Herbert gets like 95% of my playing time. I generally think it does the most things the best of any amp I've had. I like the 180W and mid cut circuit, but I wish it had 4 independent channel controls.

Latest posts