What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Itll beat the monster back just enough to let me keep control over it. for me, its more about breaking the habit than anything else.

This is the key, I think.
My father also smoked for the better part of 40 years, and one day he just quit cold turkey and hasn't touched it since. Part of the trick for him seems to have been to morph the ritual of smoking into something else more positive. Drop a habit, but pick up another one that is more healthy.

When Im at home (technically my hotel room lol), when i get a craving ill just start walking chromatically up and down the fretboard until i forget about the craving.

Which is why I find this so cool. That's a nice coping mechanism. Replace cigarettes with... even more guitar playing! Haha you'll get in a lot more practice, I'm sure. Props to you! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrystalSky

Reaction score
i made the decision that quitting will afford me an extra $80 a month, plus reduced healthcare costs, so i can afford to splurge a little. Its still gonna need some Fishman Adlers though!

I secretly hoped that there is someone giving away presents for quitting amoking 🥲😂

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
This is the key, I think.
My father also smoked for the better part of 40 years, and one day he just quit cold turkey and hasn't touched it since. Part of the trick for him seems to have been to morph the ritual of smoking into something else more positive. Drop a habit, but pick up another one that is more healthy.

Which is why I find this so cool. That's a nice coping mechanism. Replace cigarettes with... even more guitar playing! Haha you'll get in a lot more practice, I'm sure. Props to you! :)
much appreciated. this was my last and most challenging vice to kick, ive been able to kick everything else (pain pill addiction, cannabis dependency, alcoholism, Over-the-counter med abuse, and finally cigarettes.). My whole daily routine got uprooted after all the changes so my days are typically get off work at 3pm, get back to the hotel room, and started running chromatics for about 4 hours. Once i have my hands synced up perfectly, ill branch out into getting my pentatonic runs cleaner. I dont yet have the patience to start doing twitch streams or make cover videos yet, but theyre on the to do list. some of the bands i listen to dont have any guitar playthroughs on YT so I wanna fix that eventually

Latest posts