What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I need to find awesome cheap 412 cabs, lol.

I was looking at unloaded new Stage Craft cabs the other day. I wonder how those are.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I need to find awesome cheap 412 cabs, lol.

I was looking at unloaded new Stage Craft cabs the other day. I wonder how those are.
Peavey triple x cabs or 5150 cabs. Pull the speakers and go. Also avatar, mojotone, lopoline.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Got two Marshall G12 Vintage in today. Putting them in a Mojotone British 412. Thinking of putting some T75s with them. Anyone tried this before? People tend to conflate the Marshall G12 Vintage and Celestiom Vintage 30 as the same, but they are not from my understanding.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Got two Marshall G12 Vintage in today. Putting them in a Mojotone British 412. Thinking of putting some T75s with them. Anyone tried this before? People tend to conflate the Marshall G12 Vintage and Celestiom Vintage 30 as the same, but they are not from my understanding.
I mean you have the speakers ya? Therefore, try it :yesway:

The G12 vintage is a tweaked v30 for marshall near as i saw, but i wasnt looking up that particular speaker. Is it rated 60w?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I mean you have the speakers ya? Therefore, try it :yesway:

The G12 vintage is a tweaked v30 for marshall near as i saw, but i wasnt looking up that particular speaker. Is it rated 60w?
70w, apparently. They are supposedly the "original Vintage 30 spec," thus they sound different. I'd like to get at least 200w of power handling from the Cab (my other two handle 100w with 2 25w and 2 30w speakers). For combination purposes, I'd be interested in something that is 50w or more, though they'd also have to compliment each other.

If I wire these two in series, that'd be 32ohm which is not good. I'm unsure how to wire them parallel without having two wires from the tip and two wires from the sleeve on the input jack.

I think the Marshall G12 Vintage might be why WGS has the Veteran 30 and Retro 30.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Wire in series + parallel. Iirc this is how marshall does it on the single jack cabs like the tv and vintage.

Also, dont overthink it too much re speaker combo. Everything is hypothetical til you actually run it.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Wire in series + parallel. Iirc this is how marshall does it on the single jack cabs like the tv and vintage.

Also, dont overthink it too much re speaker combo. Everything is hypothetical til you actually run it.
I'm referring to just the two speakers for now. I'd like to try and get them wired up with two 16 ohm speakers in 8ohm total so I can see what they give me, then go from there.

Shask

Reaction score
Peavey triple x cabs or 5150 cabs. Pull the speakers and go. Also avatar, mojotone, lopoline.
I have a XXX cab with a V30/G12T75 X pattern. I have considered getting another cheaper cabinet like this again, or something nicer. I would like to find an oversized cab, but those aren't as common for cheap. I have a slant, so either way, I want straights.

The Avatar oversized are super hard to find, and they dont make them anymore sadly.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks to people far less tired than I, it has been pointed out that my new cab has 100w power handling. Definitely more likely to push the GB's hard with the superlead even on 2, but a non-issue for the JTM-45.

I'm still not sure how to tell heritage from standard G12M-25 but I think it has to do with the warning on the label versus not? Maybe that'll be a tomorrow search :lol: (getting too tired to keep going now).

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
thanks to people far less tired than I, it has been pointed out that my new cab has 100w power handling. Definitely more likely to push the GB's hard with the superlead even on 2, but a non-issue for the JTM-45.

I'm still not sure how to tell heritage from standard G12M-25 but I think it has to do with the warning on the label versus not? Maybe that'll be a tomorrow search :lol: (getting too tired to keep going now).
I don't think the Heritage have the mention of the spec on it. They are also 20w. I think they'd also be 15ohm. If they are 25w, have the mention of the spec, and are 16ohm, then they are standard Greenbacks.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I have a XXX cab with a V30/G12T75 X pattern. I have considered getting another cheaper cabinet like this again, or something nicer. I would like to find an oversized cab, but those aren't as common for cheap. I have a slant, so either way, I want straights.

The Avatar oversized are super hard to find, and they dont make them anymore sadly.
Honestly even the stagecraft black jack + some used speakers even gets into the realm price wise of a used Mesa 4x12.

(I actually don’t prefer the sound of them, but I am the odd man out)

Shask

Reaction score
Honestly even the stagecraft black jack + some used speakers even gets into the realm price wise of a used Mesa 4x12.

(I actually don’t prefer the sound of them, but I am the odd man out)
I have considered that, but Mesa cabs seem hard to come by.

The StageCraft Blackjack is basically Marshall sized. Pretty much the same that most cabs are, 30x30x14.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have considered that, but Mesa cabs seem hard to come by.

The StageCraft Blackjack is basically Marshall sized. Pretty much the same that most cabs are, 30x30x14.
dig out that passport, cruise to canada for the weeken and pick up a couple. With the currency conversion you can probably get em around $600usd each. There's a few listed, inlcuding 2 straights.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@crushingpetal I found a set of ivory ones on Reverb for 150 and I couldn't resist! I've been eyeing all kinds of 8 string EMG's, but I know I like 707's and my 708TWXR so I figure 808X's should be right up my alley.

They're going in an RGA8 to replace a set of SD Blackouts. The 8 string Blackouts are pretty decent, much better than the 7 string version imo.

That said, I really like EMG's in my 7's and wanted my 8 to have similar tones. Plus I think the white will look cool.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@crushingpetal I found a set of ivory ones on Reverb for 150 and I couldn't resist! I've been eyeing all kinds of 8 string EMG's, but I know I like 707's and my 708TWXR so I figure 808X's should be right up my alley.

They're going in an RGA8 to replace a set of SD Blackouts. The 8 string Blackouts are pretty decent, much better than the 7 string version imo.

That said, I really like EMG's in my 7's and wanted my 8 to have similar tones. Plus I think the white will look cool.
Nice: hard agree, the ivory set looks super cool.

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ordered a multimeter and a soldering iron to swap the PUs in my Gio for a ’59 and Pegasus.
I always wanted to learn how to solder and the Gio seems to be a good learning platform.
It has a pickguard, so I can solder outside of the guitar body.
Do you guys tin the wires before soldering them to the switch, pots etc.?