What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Stumbled on a Craigslist ad for a mint Jackson American series soloist and just picked it up for $1k. I’m really liking the finish. It’s somewhere in between pearl white and silver. Also have a Mesa Roadster on the way that I also got at a decent price. I’m planning on trying it with the Mr Scary mod I have laying around.

IMG-6047.jpg
Well the Roadster headshell ended up being completely destroyed because of a hillbilly packing job so that's on the way back. It didn't bother me much though because I got the Jackson at an amazing price right after. Also put in a order for a 2 channel dual rectifier so fingers crossed that arrives in one piece.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you can afford it dude, find a 2015 core version..... theyre mind blowing. I would love to be able to get a Private Stock specd out the same way one day when i can afford to drop $10k
There's 4 Holcomb cores on reverb right now ranging from $7500-9400. Was 2015 the only year they made any?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paying that much for an off the shelf PRS is pretty stupid when you can chip in a bit more and get a Private Stock to whatever specs you want. I would definitely get a price quote from a good dealer before buying a Holcomb for that much.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said, check with a good deal for a price quote. Orders are usually substantially below list on websites unless your dealer sucks.
I almost exclusively go through Nick @AP, and thats about what it would run me the last time i had him quote me

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Picking up a PRS HDRX 1x12 cab in a trade this afternoon. Been wanting to check out thee 20w head for a while and the cab popped up literally 5 minutes from me, so I figured I'd grab it until I can find the head to pair with it. In the meantime, it's almost the same size as my Deluxe Reverb, so I might try to use it as an extension cab, or as an extension to my Iconic 40, which might be a bit easier given the 16 ohm speaker already in it.

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Debating on if I black out the hardware on the red PRS (which means like $130 in parts lol, bridge and tuner. not too much but w/e), which means I gotta wait for all the parts to come in before I fully upgrade it (hardware, pickup, strings), or just go with a pickup and string change considering I already got the pickups lol

Shask

Reaction score
Debating on if I black out the hardware on the red PRS (which means like $130 in parts lol, bridge and tuner. not too much but w/e), which means I gotta wait for all the parts to come in before I fully upgrade it (hardware, pickup, strings), or just go with a pickup and string change considering I already got the pickups lol
Depends on how often you normally change your strings. I would probably wait, but I only change my strings like once a year or 2, lol..

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Depends on how often you normally change your strings. I would probably wait, but I only change my strings like once a year or 2, lol..
I change my every couple of months at most, so yeah it'll be awhile before I do it lol
I'm probably just gonna go ahead and just do the pickup swaps and do the hardware swap way later. I get a shiny new solder station tomorrow, plus having to re-align a PRS trem's posts makes me want to hold off for awhile. :lol: I love the design of the PRS trem in actual use.... but not when it comes to actually adjusting or replacing it.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
So I have a Yamaha Free Art guitar where you can put art under the pickguard.
1000014641.jpg

Some people have different art. Each one came with two pieces depending on which month they were from.
1000014634.jpg

So today I went to a printing company to make a template as it needs a large format printer.
1000014636_20240614220342365.jpg
1000014633.jpg

Whilst removing said art I discovered there was a 2nd piece of art stuck under the first one I had never noticed before!!

1000014635.jpg

Call me Shred Paisley!!

1000014637.jpg

What other designs should I get? Youtubers? Emanuel Aguilar?

I think I'll do a JPM-100 print.. I love that look.

I'm gonna do a knock off Van Nys and call it Van Nasty!!!

Then I'll sell some prints on eBay.

Warmart

Reaction score
Definitely not for everyone, and a bit "out there", but I'm a sci-fi nerd and fell for the name of the finish, "Galaxy". Ordered from Belgium as they are 99% sold out worldwide and the 2024's finish definitely isn't for me. Kinda like the new model that's $200 more but it has a trem.

It's a 2023 MIK Legator (I say it like the name of a Transformer bot - leg-uh-tor, not like leh-gator) - and it's built very well, can't find any QC issues and it resonates well enough to make my tummy queasy. Changing strings was "interesting", but I think it'll be easy going forward.

25.5-27", stainless, ash body with buckeye burl top, wenge/maple neck with pale moon ebony board, luminlays, truss wheel, killswitch and volume is pull for Fishman voice change. So far loving the Modern's, maybe they work in this guitar (after I hated them in my RG) - maybe in two weeks I'll hate them?

Legator Ghost Top 25 PCT.jpgLegator Ghost Body Binding 25 PCT.jpgLegator Ghost Killswitch 25 PCT.png

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Definitely not for everyone, and a bit "out there", but I'm a sci-fi nerd and fell for the name of the finish, "Galaxy". Ordered from Belgium as they are 99% sold out worldwide and the 2024's finish definitely isn't for me. Kinda like the new model that's $200 more but it has a trem.

It's a 2023 MIK Legator (I say it like the name of a Transformer bot - leg-uh-tor, not like leh-gator) - and it's built very well, can't find any QC issues and it resonates well enough to make my tummy queasy. Changing strings was "interesting", but I think it'll be easy going forward.

25.5-27", stainless, ash body with buckeye burl top, wenge/maple neck with pale moon ebony board, luminlays, truss wheel, killswitch and volume is pull for Fishman voice change. So far loving the Modern's, maybe they work in this guitar (after I hated them in my RG) - maybe in two weeks I'll hate them?

View attachment 145068View attachment 145074View attachment 145076
That color is sick AF.