What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Welp, my SL/LD preamp died.

Great timing to get the Mooer preamp, huh?
Tube(s), fuses, or cold solder joints would be my guesses.

By the way, $150-200 for Danelectro pedals to support a guy selling overpriced Chinese pedals and gay marriage bans is an absolute no for me. Random, I know, but I don't feel like starting a new thread, and there might be someone interested in buying the Roebuck (Ibanez MT-10 Mostortion clone) or one of the other newer pedals they've put out. I think most here would like to be informed of that.

Fuck you, Stephen Ridinger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Tube(s), fuses, or cold solder joints would be my guesses.

By the way, $150-200 for Danelectro pedals to support a guy selling overpriced Chinese pedals and gay marriage bans is an absolute no for me. Random, I know, but I don't feel like starting a new thread, and there might be someone interested in buying the Roebuck (Ibanez MT-10 Mostortion clone) or one of the other newer pedals they've put out. I think most here would like to be informed of that.

Fuck you, Stephen Ridinger.
Looked around inside. Can't find any fuses. May spend an afternoon with the board out and look around. I replaced the tubes with a set of tubes I know work, so I'm not sure if that works either.

Might have been my fault for leaving the switch on while using a power strip to turn everything on. But I don't think this would cause too much harm? I coulda swore you could do this with rack units.

And yeah fuck Danelectro. :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
Looked around inside. Can't find any fuses. May spend an afternoon with the board out and look around. I replaced the tubes with a set of tubes I know work, so I'm not sure if that works either.

Might have been my fault for leaving the switch on while using a power strip to turn everything on. But I don't think this would cause too much harm? I coulda swore you could do this with rack units.

What is it (not) doing? If it is all tube, only so many things that could happen.

Shask

Reaction score
No power period. Switch ain't doing shit. So I'm not sure if I fried the switch or the transformer.
If you have a multi-meter, you can measure the voltage on the input side of the switch. See if the switch is getting power from the transformer. You could also jump the switch with a wire to see if that powers it.

Shask

Reaction score
If you have a multi-meter, you can measure the voltage on the input side of the switch. See if the switch is getting power from the transformer. You could also jump the switch with a wire to see if that powers it.
Also, try a different plug. Maybe your wall plug is out, and you need to reset the circuit breaker.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

A douchenozzle on TheGearPage deleted posts on a Danelectro thread regarding the new pedals because, "No politics." Yeah, sorry, but I'm not buying overpriced products from some dickhead's company who promotes banning gay marriage.

Shask

Reaction score

Looking at pictures of the unit, there should be a fuse in the place where you plug in the power cord. It is one of those combo plugs where the fuse holder is built into the plug.

Shask

Reaction score
Yup. Was there. And the fuse was dead. :lol:
Awesome. Yep, probably popped it if you have a lot of stuff turning on at once with a power strip. Doing that can cause a small temporary power surge. I would just get in a habit of turning on stuff individually, especially large power items, like a tube poweramp.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Next guitar gear day will be a good one.
I've been thinking of getting a Axe Fx3 for a little while now. I'm turning 40 in March and have been saving here and there to get it as a Bday present to myself. On Xmas day my wife told me we should use some of our family savings to pay for half of my AxeFx to make sure I can get it for my Bday. So its happening. AxeFx3 is coming home in March!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Huh, I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense, given I'd have to have a 50-year-outdated mindset to consider buying a Danelectro in the first place. Jimmy Page can only take you so far.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Just got an AMT Pangaea CP100. I was looking at the Torpedo CAB, but I got this for much, much less.

Up next is hopefully the KSR Ceres, and then eventually that 8100 pedal. :D

Last edited:

Kobalt

Reaction score
I’ve been running my Sennheiser HD201 since 2013 now and they’re pretty much on their last leg, the wires are all cracked and the faux leatherette is almost gone. For a budget pair of headphones, I have nothing but good things to say.

That said, I’m now in consideration for a new pair within the following: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x, AKG K52, and Sennheiser HD206.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
I’ve been running my Sennheiser HD201 since 2013 now and they’re pretty much on their last leg, the wires are all cracked and the faux leatherette is almost gone. For a budget pair of headphones, I have nothing but good things to say.

That said, I’m now in consideration for a new pair within the following: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x, AKG K52, and Sennheiser HD206.
If you're wanting to go with something closed that's under $100, I highly recommend the Status Audio CB-1. Super thick pads that are crazy comfy, and they punch above their weight class in terms of sound. I'm super happy with my pair.
The Takstar Pro 82 are also highly reviewed within budgetish closed headphones.

There's a lot of diminishing returns with headphones, but to me quality starts getting really good once you get around $100. You can get a lot in terms of bang for your buck.

sleewell

Reaction score
there is a basically brand new 6534+ halfstack on CL for $750. i have no need for it but kinda want to try it. maybe sell the amp and get a super cheap cab?

Reaction score
Well, my previous acquisition put me off of Evertune forever, kills sustain. So I'm off to a respectable Explorer again.