What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool. The bobbins look like the old KxK pickups...

EDIT: and ninja'd :ninja:

Actually, those look like the pickups from my green singlecut I had, which means they probably are :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, that's it. I'd still have it as I loved the looks but the neck was a bit too thin/flat on the back for me in the long run. Always wanted to have Rob do another one but... :(

Were you the one that tossed the pickups or was it your buyer?

I like Alnico V and I'm cool if their just too low output for some, but otherwise good sounding.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Okay I said I wanted to get a Harley benton Fusion T w/ a trem... But now I'm considering getting a Floyd Rose FRX for my LTD Skolnick. Not sure which route I wanna go.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone buy this today? Was incorrectly listed as RGT, but it’s an RG3120 and maybe a limited run? Never seen one with a flame neck before. It went for $800.

View attachment 77323
View attachment 77324

That is awesome :yesway: I don't think they ever officially did a flame maple neck, but you occasionally get random necks with flame like that. IIRC a buddy had an RGD that had a neck like that.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Possibly this:

1.jpg

Or one of these which is just 2-channel, no master:

v207687174.1.jpg

Any experience with these? I know Dave Friedman co-developed them with Bruce, sound decent on youtube.

Shask

Reaction score
Anyone buy this today? Was incorrectly listed as RGT, but it’s an RG3120 and maybe a limited run? Never seen one with a flame neck before. It went for $800.

View attachment 77323
View attachment 77324
Yeah, I think that is a normal RG3120TW. It is just a very nice sample of one. I had one years ago I bought new. Probably the nicest Ibanez I ever owned. I also think, based on how the bridge looks, that they just used a super nice camera and lighting to make it look nicer also.

slmadsen

Reaction score
I have the Rocktron TOL100 in storage and I love that amp. With my Tele, on Ch3 and the volume knob I didn't need anything else to play in a David Bowie tribute (apart from fx). The MICA TOL100 is supposed to be even better, or so the Egnater forums meant :)

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
That is awesome :yesway: I don't think they ever officially did a flame maple neck, but you occasionally get random necks with flame like that. IIRC a buddy had an RGD that had a neck like that.

Yep :yesway: I had a 3120 for a while and it had some decent flame in the neck. I've always loved that blue stain, and mine had a really nice maple top to boot. I definitely regret selling it sometimes, but I'm a hardtail guy :shrug: $800 is a great deal for whoever got it

sleewell

Reaction score
mono m80 dual electric guitar gig bag

i think i am also going to build a riser to stand on that has a small fog machine and lights.