What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Word of advice. If you like tight, clear metal rhythm tones you're goign to plug in, and then want to sell the rest of your amps.

Don't.

Give it like 6 months, and then see if you still like it.
Eh I doubt it'll ever replace my revv or mk3. I had a UL a few years ago but I hated how it felt like it was fighting me for every note. I know I like juicy, liquidy gain laden amps but sometimes it's fun to dabble with drier sounding amps. This CL already sounds miles better than the UL I had.

protest

Reaction score
Eh I doubt it'll ever replace my revv or mk3. I had a UL a few years ago but I hated how it felt like it was fighting me for every note. I know I like juicy, liquidy gain laden amps but sometimes it's fun to dabble with drier sounding amps. This CL already sounds miles better than the UL I had.

The CL 100 is my favorite of the VHT's that I've owned. Never owned a UL, but I've played one a few times. I've owned 5 VHT's and I always wind up at the point where I feel like they're fighting me. I've never been able to keep one for more than a year or so. I wind up going back to a Mark or KSR, which have some similar qualities to the Pittbulls but just inherently have more juice in their tone.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Alright I'm getting the TC Flashback 2. The Flashback 1 had the cool tap-set feature, but couldn't self oscillate. The Flashback 2 fixed it so the analog models CAN self-oscillate, but they ditched the tap tempo. I just found out a year ago they added a setting in the editor that lets you ditch the (IMO) useless Mash feature and use an on-board tap tempo, so yeah, it's gonna be the delay I go with.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Been camping reverb and ebay for a cool jaguar for a couple weeks now, so today I finally bit the bullet and bought a distressor instead. Oh well, my vocals need more help than my guitars do anyway.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Alright I'm getting the TC Flashback 2. The Flashback 1 had the cool tap-set feature, but couldn't self oscillate. The Flashback 2 fixed it so the analog models CAN self-oscillate, but they ditched the tap tempo. I just found out a year ago they added a setting in the editor that lets you ditch the (IMO) useless Mash feature and use an on-board tap tempo, so yeah, it's gonna be the delay I go with.
TC Electronic are apparently pretty prone to breaking or malfunctioning.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Bought some upgrade parts from Mesa to bring my Mark III up to 2021 specs....

151323777_1055667914942932_3868637911014346079_n.jpg

151297348_127622222581546_4401494737377616401_n.jpg

Incredible.

Azarea

Reaction score
Soldering iron tips, because the friend I had lent my station to for the past year never tined it or cleaned it and it's completely oxidyzed. Solder doesnt stick to it and the tip isn't hot enough to melt solder now, even when regulating at 450°C... the top side of the tip is, but that's not even remotely manageable to build on a cramped PCB.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Was it the screws of the grill?

Ya, screws and washers. Nothing fancy but I tried to get rid of the rust before by soaking them in vinegar, and instead it left the rust but stripped all the black off the screws.

Though I'm disappointed the washers are not exactly the same type, even straight from Mesa. If anyone knows where to get the more of the dome-shaped older washers please let me know.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really really want a DK2S since it would work great for my current project (rude hard rock/glam style with a shit ton of gain) and
help build some cool af leads as well as do cleans. Sadly they have Jackson stock pickups and a licensed floyd so I'd need to rewire it along with the sustainiac and buy an original floyd since I beat the hell out of mine. The only ones for sale are about $800, $250 for the floyd, probably $250 for a bridge and middle pickup, and I'd probably want locking tuners for all my guitars soon, plus a case or bag. Not spending that much for something I can live without.

buuuuut if anyone has one they're selling for cheap af I'll take it, or give you the BC Rich I'm selling. The HSS floyd GAS is strong and I'd love another sustainiac for E standard.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I did it! I finally bought something! Can't wait to check it out

View attachment 90221
Ya, screws and washers. Nothing fancy but I tried to get rid of the rust before by soaking them in vinegar, and instead it left the rust but stripped all the black off the screws.

Though I'm disappointed the washers are not exactly the same type, even straight from Mesa. If anyone knows where to get the more of the dome-shaped older washers please let me know.

Not sure if you saw these but maybe they got the parts mixed up or the wrong one ordered there. There's a few types they still sell. Not sure which is the correct one but maybe check these out. I think you got;

part# 300014
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/washer-8-countersunk-nickel.html

but there's also these;

pt# 300020
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/washer-nickel-chassis-washer.html

pt# 300017
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/washer-black-chassis-washer-or-large-rubber-foot-washer.html

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
fuck that, come with me it’ll be fun. PlxFx does one of these with an additional switch to turn the octave off/on too. I’ll grab that one next.

Follow Beetronics on insta and surrender all your money to octave fuzzes.

Let me know when you're ready to come over to the dark side. I have cookies and recommendations.

Damn, I already did this with fuzz faces and have a Bone Machine that
I've barely scratched the surface of what it will do.

So are all of these just a variation on a theme? Seems like the life pedal is kinda unique.

So guys give me your top 3 and I'll start digging. :imnew: :lol:

lewis

Reaction score
I think probably a Harley Benton Vintage 2x12
ive never owned one or a v30 equipped cab unbelievably and the time is right to change that.
(though I will quickly try and sell one V30 for a K100)

Latest posts