What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Been demoing Helix Native for about a week and I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an HX Stomp instead of a Ceres. The main draw for me is that it will let me play through headphones/monitors without turning on my computer, and I can run it stereo into my poweramp using the preamp models.

I don't jive with a lot of the high gain models, but a few (Archon, Rev, Engl) sound awesome and the amount of options are way more than I'll ever need.

A/Bing the Helix models versus some of my preamp pedals and they both sound pretty equally great, but the flexibility the Stomp will provide is hard to beat. If/when I start playing with other people again I can bring just the Stomp, my Quilter Microblock, and maybe a cab and I'm set.

My real worry is that this sends me down the digital rabbit hole and soon I'll be selling my cabs and getting an FRFR speaker.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I just grabbed a used copy of this. So, about to have a lot of pedal GAS:

V_R-Mockup_1024x1024.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
There's a Crush Pro 60 1x12 combo with footswitch on FB for literally have price that I'm tempted to jump on, but I have absolutely zero need for it considering I have my micro-Dark/DSL1H and Marshall 1x12. If I ever got around to recording I'd probably use it with a load box into my Scarlett, but my main player amp would still end up as the MD since it's got headphone out.

Still, it'd be nice to have a two channel amp :/

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Been demoing Helix Native for about a week and I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an HX Stomp instead of a Ceres. The main draw for me is that it will let me play through headphones/monitors without turning on my computer, and I can run it stereo into my poweramp using the preamp models.

I don't jive with a lot of the high gain models, but a few (Archon, Rev, Engl) sound awesome and the amount of options are way more than I'll ever need.

A/Bing the Helix models versus some of my preamp pedals and they both sound pretty equally great, but the flexibility the Stomp will provide is hard to beat. If/when I start playing with other people again I can bring just the Stomp, my Quilter Microblock, and maybe a cab and I'm set.

My real worry is that this sends me down the digital rabbit hole and soon I'll be selling my cabs and getting an FRFR speaker.
Stomp is ordered, didn't even make it to the end of the Helix Native trial period.

Gtan7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Scumback speakers. Thinking about mul-scale that goes to at least 28" on bass side, since i noticed many options at Claas guitars Germany...

Bearitone

Reaction score
Trying not to buy gear for 3mo to juice the bank balance. We'll see what temptations arise :lol:
Stay strong! Gear is nice but, having a good buffer in your account is such a breath of fresh air

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Stay strong! Gear is nice but, having a good buffer in your account is such a breath of fresh air

Aiming for 5 digits before I go after anything else. My collection isnt lacking, but the bound block JM GAS has been relentless. Also reminding myself to work on mixing and recording, which heavily diverts from any gear lust once it gets going :lol: (aside from new headphones).

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Theres been a Genz Benz G-Flex 212 cab on my local CL for moths for $200...i just called the guy...looks like the speakers are front mounted...hmmm might be a new cab day...

If anyones used one chime in please...

Mike
For $200 that's a good deal, assuming condition, functionality is good etc.
- It's a good sounding cab. I always thought it had a bit to much porting on the bottom. It's light weight too/ thinner wood than most cabs.
- There were several versions with different speakers, some before George Lynch endorsed them and some after, some with top handles and some with side handles etc.
- As far as quality they are built well too.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
For $200 that's a good deal, assuming condition, functionality is good etc.
- It's a good sounding cab. I always thought it had a bit to much porting on the bottom. It's light weight too/ thinner wood than most cabs.
- There were several versions with different speakers, some before George Lynch endorsed them and some after, some with top handles and some with side handles etc.
- As far as quality they are built well too.

Yea i spent hours googling it , i think it will sound good. ill put it on the back wall here in the office up off the floor facing me . He said it's like the stock photo he posted with the top handles , just waiting on pics to be texted to me ...but hey, i finally called someone with a ad on CL and actually talked to them vs just texting ! He's just a half mile away from me so hoping to get or check it out thursday

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Yea i spent hours googling it , i think it will sound good. ill put it on the back wall here in the office up off the floor facing me . He said it's like the stock photo he posted with the top handles , just waiting on pics to be texted to me ...but hey, i finally called someone with a ad on CL and actually talked to them vs just texting ! He's just a half mile away from me so hoping to get or check it out thursday
That’s so rare on CL now adays. I just did the same thing with an actual phone call and coherent conversation. I grabbed a mic pre from him, just a few miles away, and we ended up chatting music and recording for almost 4 hours.

Shask

Reaction score
Theres been a Genz Benz G-Flex 212 cab on my local CL for moths for $200...i just called the guy...looks like the speakers are front mounted...hmmm might be a new cab day...

If anyones used one chime in please...

Mike
I have had one for like 20 years or something. I bought it new back in the day. Eminence V30 based speakers, kind of sound like the V12 speakers they make. The cab can be kind of lower mid scooped, but that makes it sound bigger on the low end. Smoother high end. Some of my amps love it, others hate it. Bigger than most 212 cabs.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I have had one for like 20 years or something. I bought it new back in the day. Eminence V30 based speakers, kind of sound like the V12 speakers they make. The cab can be kind of lower mid scooped, but that makes it sound bigger on the low end. Smoother high end. Some of my amps love it, others hate it. Bigger than most 212 cabs.

Awesome info Shask ! Thanks .... Yea i have to buy something , parts are still out of stock on a few pedals i want to build , have every ANOS tube's that's sought after..Drawers full of pickups..i gave one to a member that was looking for something i had ..sent it free, been looking at Les Pauls but i broke 2 head stocks so been looking at the Edwards but im still on the fence...But speakers change the tone a lot so a $200 cab it will be ! lol

I did sell my Prophesy and Piranha and a few rack effects last year...was looking at the Synergy stuff to buy but Bruce is coming out with a new 2021 IE4 thats got my interest some what....just glad a have a massive warehouse to store and play it all !

Prices have sky rocketed on gear so just waiting for deals and steals when they pop up...

Mike

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Awesome info Shask ! Thanks .... Yea i have to buy something , parts are still out of stock on a few pedals i want to build , have every ANOS tube's that's sought after..Drawers full of pickups..i gave one to a member that was looking for something i had ..sent it free, been looking at Les Pauls but i broke 2 head stocks so been looking at the Edwards but im still on the fence...But speakers change the tone a lot so a $200 cab it will be ! lol

I did sell my Prophesy and Piranha and a few rack effects last year...was looking at the Synergy stuff to buy but Bruce is coming out with a new 2021 IE4 thats got my interest some what....just glad a have a massive warehouse to store and play it all !

Prices have sky rocketed on gear so just waiting for deals and steals when they pop up...

Mike
Bruce (Egnater) has a working prototype of the new IE4. He put a picture up on the rack forum of Facebook. It's looks basiclaly the same. Interesting he's reviving it since the Synergy stuff is already out.