What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Something stupid.

I grabbed myself another 6’er, but I’m going to try and actually hold onto this one. :lol:
I always end up selling or trading them off in favor of another 7 string. I “need” something to swap back and forth from Standard/Drop D and D standard/Drop C, so this should help restart my collection while I save up for my big boy purchase.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
why bother? there are plenty of cheap 6505 variants floating around, and the iconics are also pretty damn good.
But I don't want a 6505 variant - I've had 2 - I want a block letter 5150.

Because I think they're cool and because I don't need an amp at all due to my Axe-FX so there's no reason to compromise.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I managed to find a second api 527a for a surprisingly good price considering it's CAD. I'm kinda wondering if it's a mistake or if they just need to move it off the shelf.

Welp, order is in. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Worked for Billy

Worked for John Norum and possibly Gary Moore too.

I'm not sure what channel Bill Steer used, but John Norum apparently used crunch on an SLO's clean channel with the Guvnor because Gary Moore did. I've read conflicting comments about Gary, but he either used a JTM45 with some breakup or an SLO's crunch on the clean channel.

I used the Guvnor today into the Two Notes Cab M+, and it worked well. However, the Shredmaster requires further investigation. It's really dark. I might have the volume too low, but I need to experiment more. I've paired it with my Double Barrel, and with the Morning Glory (Bluesbreaker), it might work. If I end up not liking it, I may request a CME replace it with a second Guvnor or a Drivemaster.

EDIT: By the way, why are these fucking pedals dusty?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Worked for John Norum and possibly Gary Moore too.

I'm not sure what channel Bill Steer used, but John Norum apparently used crunch on an SLO's clean channel with the Guvnor because Gary Moore did. I've read conflicting comments about Gary, but he either used a JTM45 with some breakup or an SLO's crunch on the clean channel.

I used the Guvnor today into the Two Notes Cab M+, and it worked well. However, the Shredmaster requires further investigation. It's really dark. I might have the volume too low, but I need to experiment more. I've paired it with my Double Barrel, and with the Morning Glory (Bluesbreaker), it might work. If I end up not liking it, I may request a CME replace it with a second Guvnor or a Drivemaster.

EDIT: By the way, why are these fucking pedals dusty?
MDc3OWI2OTU2Yg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
All this talk about Jeff Hanneman inlays and stuff -- my most recent guitar has a sticker of Hitler on it (currently)!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Someone was clearly very anti people and pro baseball. Kinda weird to think of someone sitting in the stands, arm crossed, pissed off, but relishing in the hanshin tiger successes.