What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Welp…. The dual recto I ordered from GC was cancelled because it was a customer return with smashed tubes… then the jp15 I ordered from GC that was supposed to come with a case arrived without one and was smashed up in shipping. Gotta love guitar center. To make myself feel better, I put in an order for a 70s refinned Gibson RD.

Sometimes I look at all the low cost viable-but-not-so-great guitars being churned out by the thousands (or tens of thousands) and I think, what a waste to keep manufacturing so many instruments, when there must be enough guitars already out there in the world. Then I remember about Guitar Center.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a delay pedal. Would like to have one with reverse delay on it and I was kinda eyeing that IK X-Time on sale for Memorial Day. Seems to be somewhat of a Strymon competitor, for a lot less. Watched a few videos and it sounded pretty cool, also saw a comment that it can be used as a pitch shifter by setting the delay and feedback to 0, which is pretty awesome. Any other suggestions or anyone who's tried one?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a delay pedal. Would like to have one with reverse delay on it and I was kinda eyeing that IK X-Time on sale for Memorial Day. Seems to be somewhat of a Strymon competitor, for a lot less. Watched a few videos and it sounded pretty cool, also saw a comment that it can be used as a pitch shifter by setting the delay and feedback to 0, which is pretty awesome. Any other suggestions or anyone who's tried one?
Whelp, apparently CME has the on Reverb and they accept the 15% off coupon, too... So, I bought one :lol: Hopefully I don't feel like I need a reverb too, cause it'd be cool to have matching units, but the reviews on the X-Space don't seem quite as good and there's a bunch of cheap reverbs pedals out there that will probably do what I want for less... Maybe?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks normal if the guitar changed humidity conditions reasonably quick. Headstock ding happened in shipping?

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Looks normal if the guitar changed humidity conditions reasonably quick. Headstock ding happened in shipping?
Nah, the cracks are brown so they've been there for a while and played on. The ding on the headstock is just barely visible in this picture - looks like shine unless you know better
lx3inq80ycjc9qouzkuj.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah if it was undisclosed then that’s some WTF. My lp classic came with binding cracks and I made sure to get a pic. Cant feel it while playing but good luck hiding them :lol:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Can't feel the cracks but I wouldn't have paid out the ass for this guitar if I had known, so I'm hoping I'll get some kind of partial refund to reflect the condition. Otherwise it has to go back and my search for the reindeer blue continues.

Valdra

Reaction score
Ordered an IK Amplitube X-Space Reverb Pedal and an IK Amplitube X-Time Delay Pedal from Chicago Music Exchange on Reverb.

They have a deal going where they are $170 each so I said fuck it, we'll see how they are and if I don't jive I'll unload em for what I paid 🤷‍♂️

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Ordered an IK Amplitube X-Space Reverb Pedal and an IK Amplitube X-Time Delay Pedal from Chicago Music Exchange on Reverb.

They have a deal going where they are $170 each so I said fuck it, we'll see how they are and if I don't jive I'll unload em for what I paid 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I ordered X-Time. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten X-Space, too. The reviews of X-Time definitely seem better but the videos of X-Space sound really good to me...

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am really GASing for a proper amp/fx/cab switcher. Looking at what's available, it seems like KHE ACS 4x4 FX is the best option, but man I have a hard time spending so much on a utility purchase 😂

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I am really GASing for a proper amp/fx/cab switcher. Looking at what's available, it seems like KHE ACS 4x4 FX is the best option, but man I have a hard time spending so much on a utility purchase 😂
Yeah, I've always wanted one, but for the price... I could just buy another amp :lol:

Last edited:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I kind of want to buy a vintage Rat, as I've never owned one, but I'm not sure what is a decent price for a particular version. I also don't want to buy one and find out the jacks, pots, and/or footswitch is shot to hell.