What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Metaltronix M-1000

MrBig-2.jpg

Not sure I'm going to like this one, but I learned the whole history of the company in like 2 3 hour youtube interviews so I feel emotionally invested.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Metaltronix M-1000

Not sure I'm going to like this one, but I learned the whole history of the company in like 2 3 hour youtube interviews so I feel emotionally invested.
This is the same reason why I've bought 35 bottles of whiskey in the past 3 months.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Can’t wait for this… especially since I don’t want to spend $10k+ for the Gibson version.

IMG_2652.jpeg

Elric

Reaction score
I am really GASing for a proper amp/fx/cab switcher. Looking at what's available, it seems like KHE ACS 4x4 FX is the best option, but man I have a hard time spending so much on a utility purchase 😂
FWIW, speaking as someone who recently took the plunge, I totally get what you are saying but on the other hand, it'll change your life like no amp can. :D I may cycle through more amps, but I am expecting to always hang onto this thing. It's definitely not a wow kind of NGD though. Involves a lot of cabling and setup too.

Check out DeLisle if you haven't and are in the US:

I ended up going with one of theirs and it has been pretty great. The main advantage of the KHE is that it is 1U and, IIRC, they have MIDI switching. I don't need realtime MIDI switching between amps for home studio use and had room for a 2u unit, so after much deliberation I went with the DeLisle. It is so awesome not constantly dicking around with cables and worrying about accidentally frying an OT, etc. Comparing amps, etc, is a breeze.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Found an axe fx ii xl+ for a price I couldn't ignore. Now I'm on the prowl for an equally well priced poweramp. I also picked up a dirt cheap Crate gx900h recently mainly to part out the headshell. The amp sounds like what you would expect from a Crate solid state amp but I'm getting some tones I really like. The poweramp is also crystal clean so I'm wondering how well it will pair with the axe fx.