What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I got stupidly major Ibanez gas... probably will buy one of these from local used gear marketplace. And I will see after that if my Solar gets sold, sorry Ola. Just can't get along with the neck and weight of that one.

latest

I have this, the one with the trem (NGD incoming when I've got the time) and the 7 string version. Favourite guitars Ibanez has put out in a while!

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
UV777BK
6C84A9C7-1DA6-46AD-8588-44E209287623.jpeg
I had one in 1999 and I want it back, that’ll complete my 10 guitar collection. The last piece I want, and I waited for the end because I need to find one for under 1k.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I still hate the shovel portion of that guitar, but the overall shape doesn't bother me as much. I plan to never try one out, though. I don't think my wallet wants to go on that heavy of a diet to afford such a guitar.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
I had to sell mine to pay for an emergency down payment on a car, but I still regret it. But in hindsight it was way more guitar than I deserved owning.

protest

Reaction score
I HATED them when they came out, and I still don't like the look of the original solid colors with the black shovel. The versions where the shovel matches the rest of the finish look way better in person, and like Techno said they play and sound amazing.

I always swap the pickups out of my guitars, even if they come with nice pickups. I just never like the way a guitar sounds stock, but this and my JP16 are 2 of the best sounding guitars I've ever played.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's gonna slay. Really, you shoudn't be disappointed at all!
Good to hear. :D I have a JB in it that sounds pretty good, but I needed some tighter low end. The Painkiller sounds like it'll still retain the JB's upper mids while tightening the lows and boosting the output a bit as well.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Got my Marshall cab on the way to me for my Micro Dark mini-stack. Paid $50 more for the aesthetics over the Fender SC112, but I'm OK with it; hell, I'm more annoyed over the cost of speaker cables than the cab.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious, what kind of stuff do you like to play with the crush? Like deathmetal fast stuff? Or more of the chugs? Bands for example?

Coming back to this since I've now played my Micro Dark and can compare against my Tiny Terror/Crush it's definitely much tighter and honestly, if you want to use it as a rig for techier metal, it could probably support it. I've got mine as a thrash/tight grind sound, and I assume the main difference is that it's solid state power section vs. full tube setup. I never tried the Crush for death metal, as I can't play it for shit, but I assume as an all solid state head it would basically be like the old school death metal days with a British voicing to it.