What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I wanted to get a Roland Jupiter XM, but figured I'd wait a few months, or at least after namm. Nord announced the Nord Wave 2 also, but that's probably going to be $3k+, so I'll be waiting on that a while too. Maybe around my birthday this year I'll get something nice for myself.

stevexc

Reaction score
Grabbing some plugs and cable to rewire my gross-ass pedalboard once I get paid this week. Might be able to clear up enough room to fit a Zuul clone...

Metropolis

Reaction score
Neural DSP Arcetype: Nolly. Lead tones in this are just killer, and having another 5150 flavor doesn't hurt. This and Nameless covers almost everything for me, and I will see about Quad Cortex also at end of the year.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the next gear purchase is going to be an Orange of some description to complement my Thrasher 120 - Something with a bit more squish/growl and not as dry/clinical/clanky.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think the next gear purchase is going to be an Orange of some description to complement my Thrasher 120 - Something with a bit more squish/growl and not as dry/clinical/clanky.

I'm praying we get a cool new Orange amp. That's maybe my #1 or #2 thing that would improve NAMM for me right now.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm praying we get a cool new Orange amp. That's maybe my #1 or #2 thing that would improve NAMM for me right now.

I vaguely remember an interview last year that Jim Root did saying that his mini head was discontinued and that he and orange were working on something. If that turned out to be a 50w/100w sig head I'm so down because that filthy/muddy tone he gets is definitely the vibe I'm after.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
nshimddyfqbghdpnli5t.jpg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
* I see this as an investment in life experience for musical inspiration. Musical gear : )
- I'm thinking of a Flat-Earth mechanism (like a sort of Trojan horse) or hat I can take on/off, so I can attract OR repel whomever I want at the bar. Smart and dumb people will gather around for this subject in a bar. A hat would work well! This way if I want to have some fun and I'm feeling mischievous, I can attract a bunch of people, get them arguing about flat earth, and then just leave! :lol: But being a mischievous jerk is not the goal here. It's only half the story.
- It may prove especially useful to sacrifice the hat as a visual prop for the "herd" to use when they get all drunken scientist about it. I could use it to help remove a particularly overbearing a$$hole away from an (actually) cute metal girl I've been noticing lately, so I can make my move and pull her aside without dumb nuts getting in my way.
- This might even qualify as a tax deduction under work related equipment. I'll have to check into that.
- Worth a try for $12. Think of all the fun one could have with this hat! : )
- Hey, when you're not a drinker, bars can get boring. I just go for the billiards and occasional female.
- It's Music gear.
Flat Earth hat.jpg

^ is that a new kind of dildo... :D... sorry, I couldn't resist...

It's a Bronze age condom for "little" people.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
0DD8CCE2-B720-4461-BE9E-3343FBE547EB.jpeg

Thought I was going to hunt for an old plexi; wound up with another Fender :lol:
This is the last point to point amp Fender produced. It was designed by amp legend, Ed Jahns, and features ultra linear transformers and 140w output (switchable to 75w) from 4 6L6GC’s. The tone stack comes right off of V1a and has pull pots to boost BMT, and a pull bright for Volume. Off of V4a is the 5 band GEQ (90,240,750,2.3k,6.2k) It’s very clean for a 40 year old amp, and stock, minus 2 small Paktron caps that have been replaced with Orange Drops.
270B76EF-6C2D-4E4D-BCE2-04B357534048.jpeg

The preamp tubes are all original, and date to the 43rd week of 1980. All the Mallory electrolytic caps date between 1978-1980, so I’ll be recapping this soon and testing the tubes. Power tubes are Ruby MSTRs so those are obviously newer.
269B6686-E08C-4D22-9F3F-63A0FD070FC8.jpeg

It needs an odd foot switch to engage the lead channel, so I need to find a schematic and build one. The clean channel is insanely good though. The reverb is outstanding, and it breaks up well with the right combo of volume/master/gain control manipulation.

Part of me wants to mod it for all 12ax7’s, steal the reverb pre for another switchable gain stage, and make a sleeper high gain monster; but it’s such a rare amp that I’m not sure I want to... yet