What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I keep trying to think of my next guitar, but in all honesty I need to look for a bass. I miss playing bass. I have a good guitar that really just needs a pick up swap and I'm good until I can get a REALLY nice one. So yeah long winded answer, a new bass

migstopheles

Reaction score
now that there is a Herbert module for synergy, as well as the Pitbull UL... damn that is tempting, they are two amps that you can't really try over here but I've been suuuper interested in for a good while now. but if i buy the 2 module rack unit and the those two preamps that's like £1500, which could be spent on a jcm. such problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
now that there is a Herbert module for synergy, as well as the Pitbull UL... damn that is tempting, they are two amps that you can't really try over here but I've been suuuper interested in for a good while now. but if i buy the 2 module rack unit and the those two preamps that's like £1500, which could be spent on a jcm. such problems

That's how they get you. The 2 slot Synergy rack unit is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
That's how they get you. The 2 slot Synergy rack unit is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Thats what turned me off of buying it...it is what it is ....but if it would have been a little cheaper i most likely would have bought everything they put out by now ....im pretty happy with my rack right now anyways....besides i have the FM3 if i wanted those amp models...i still havent tried it for effects only yet. Fractals effects are top notch

Mike

laxu

Reaction score
Thats what turned me off of buying it...it is what it is ....but if it would have been a little cheaper i most likely would have bought everything they put out by now ....im pretty happy with my rack right now anyways....besides i have the FM3 if i wanted those amp models...i still havent tried it for effects only yet. Fractals effects are top notch

Mike

Yeah, at 869 euros that's just way too much. If it was say 400-500 that would be expensive but acceptable and probably would lead to people buying more of them and consequently more modules to fill them.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Yeah, at 869 euros that's just way too much. If it was say 400-500 that would be expensive but acceptable and probably would lead to people buying more of them and consequently more modules to fill them.

It was the same with Rocktrons Preamps the valve sonics ....they were above what they said Street price was going to be....but they blew some out at $299 and i was all over them...

Ive been playing my rack this weekend , the valve sonic Plexi with a MRX 10b EQ with my "Timmy "klone boosting thru my Intellifex sounds so awesome ....i started with Lasse 10b EQ setting from his screenshot off the STL software..i think its called that...didnt adjust much but the level and 500k slider a tad bit.....even with the JMP-1 that EQ helped...had to cut some treble off the Timmy klone....to my ears that pedal just boosts and adds some hi end

Mike

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score

Mike

It's always interesting to think about how relatively small tweaks in price can make of break a product. I don't know what the price would have to be for me, but damn it's just too much where they are priced right now.

The idea of swappable modules is cool, very good for a hobbyist who just likes to try all the different things. But when you are up in that top end price range, where I can buy a real 5150 or Powerball, or indeed a Kemper or Neural DSP pedal... I mean, it's just too much to spend on something where you need to go through a stack of modules to find a really killer one. And a part of me is pretty convinced that I'd get just as good of a sound buying a classic amp.

laxu

Reaction score
It's always interesting to think about how relatively small tweaks in price can make of break a product. I don't know what the price would have to be for me, but damn it's just too much where they are priced right now.

The idea of swappable modules is cool, very good for a hobbyist who just likes to try all the different things. But when you are up in that top end price range, where I can buy a real 5150 or Powerball, or indeed a Kemper or Neural DSP pedal... I mean, it's just too much to spend on something where you need to go through a stack of modules to find a really killer one. And a part of me is pretty convinced that I'd get just as good of a sound buying a classic amp.

I think the ~400 euro price for the modules is fine, that's in the realm of higher end fx pedals. Adding the other parts is where it goes south as you end up somewhere close to 3000 euros and there are some real world class amps in that range. Even the Syn-50 head is basically the most expensive tube poweramp (ok, it has a clean channel but you still want the modules) available and it's not even stereo.

It's also a tough sell against modelers that are smaller, lighter and more versatile without having to swap modules around. That ~3000 euros buys you an Axe-Fx 3 and a Class D poweramp achieving much of what the Synergy does so you are paying a lot for the analog all-tubeness.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
After about a year of scouring ebay/classifieds etc I finally found a used KM7 mk2 for a great price in the finish I wanted (black pearl) and it should be here on monday! :eddie:

Well it turns out I didn't have to wait until Monday cause GuitarGuitar shipped it to me this afternoon pickups are stock and I'm still not thrilled by the Nazgul but I've got a SD Full Shred I might replace it with.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It was the same with Rocktrons Preamps the valve sonics ....they were above what they said Street price was going to be....but they blew some out at $299 and i was all over them...

Ive been playing my rack this weekend , the valve sonic Plexi with a MRX 10b EQ with my "Timmy "klone boosting thru my Intellifex sounds so awesome ....i started with Lasse 10b EQ setting from his screenshot off the STL software..i think its called that...didnt adjust much but the level and 500k slider a tad bit.....even with the JMP-1 that EQ helped...had to cut some treble off the Timmy klone....to my ears that pedal just boosts and adds some hi end

Mike
They were supposed to make four, and only released one so far as I know. That was an unmitigated disaster.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Mailbox was full this morning, i guess these was delivered after 6 on Saturday

These Fluke silicone leads are so nice...also bought the Clip boots

Bought 2 of these 50ohm BNC to 1/4 jack for my signal Gen 4' and 6'...hope they work

1/8 stereo mini cable for connecting 2 ISP's ....im going to redo my pedalboard with another 5 bay switcher for my delays and reverbs....maybe ditch the Xpression use pedals in my loop of the Ceriatone 800...something different

Mike

20210920_083503.jpg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of stuff planned for the not-so-far future, as we moved to a new, larger place where I can actually set up a mini-home studio. (Basically a desk with a monitor, laptop, DI, and speakers.) Gotta get me some proper studio monitors at some point, too.

But I'm trying a Strandberg Boden Original 8 at a local dealer this week. Hopefully I won't like it too much so I won't end up with a giant hole in my pocket...