What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Found a decent deal on a Warm EQP (Pultec clone) that sounds pretty good from what I’ve heard online. I use the UAD Pultec plugin, with EQ circuit in bypass, on my guitar bus all the time so I’m curious how this will do. So far, every piece of analog gear I’ve bought is a noticeable improvement. The plugins are still great and very useful, but not the same. I like to get the majority of my compression and top end on the way in, as they’re two weaker spots of plugins, so the less of that I have to do in the box, the better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Knowing me, a Keeley Compressor.

Then I will try running:
Keeley Compressor > Noise Gate > Boss SD1 > Noise Gate > Amp
> Noise Gate in Fx Loop
:lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Bought this thing on a whim since it was the most "spaceship cockpit from Alien" one I had ever seen in its monochrome beige. Then it arrived and was at least 2x deeper than I thought it would be and thought, you goddamn idiot. Then I turned it on...whoaaaa super cool display. The photos don't do it justice, it's completely old computer text green on black, really is just like Alien.

AM-JKLWMsTQXuqKbj2PPNqOxNGsFRwNmhRyhKInMqjfA_CeTkxFlTz1NoA9PMCO2fOQ7BR9jWRycDyWpT_T6anLVAiW8CXSja_sw923nN2zVzBMh3_z7cP9dJHsZgTLcTawdvP2Yl17tKKeO5-O7I_RuQOJd=w1998-h1499-no

Unfortunately I don't know how to hook it up to things.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Bought this thing on a whim since it was the most "spaceship cockpit from Alien" one I had ever seen in its monochrome beige. Then it arrived and was at least 2x deeper than I thought it would be and thought, you goddamn idiot. Then I turned it on...whoaaaa super cool display. The photos don't do it justice, it's completely old computer text green on black, really is just like Alien.

AM-JKLWMsTQXuqKbj2PPNqOxNGsFRwNmhRyhKInMqjfA_CeTkxFlTz1NoA9PMCO2fOQ7BR9jWRycDyWpT_T6anLVAiW8CXSja_sw923nN2zVzBMh3_z7cP9dJHsZgTLcTawdvP2Yl17tKKeO5-O7I_RuQOJd=w1998-h1499-no

I'm pretty sure those two RF inputs on front are where you plug in your Famicom.

protest

Reaction score

Which button blows stuff out of the airlock?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked up a 100w Archon, should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't hate my house like the last PRS amp I owned.

So I'm not the only one with that issue... I've had 3 PRS amps here and they were all so noisy they were unplayable. They were also fine when not in my house.

DUDE!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Found a decent deal on a Warm EQP (Pultec clone) that sounds pretty good from what I’ve heard online. I use the UAD Pultec plugin, with EQ circuit in bypass, on my guitar bus all the time so I’m curious how this will do. So far, every piece of analog gear I’ve bought is a noticeable improvement. The plugins are still great and very useful, but not the same. I like to get the majority of my compression and top end on the way in, as they’re two weaker spots of plugins, so the less of that I have to do in the box, the better.
I know next to nothing about Pultecs except that I want one.

nightlight

Reaction score
Studio gear purchase for me. I finally broke down and got a rack.

20210924_001127.jpg

20210924_001143.jpg

It's a 17u and I think I'll only be able to fill about 12u with my current gear. Plus they threw in a rack shelf, so I can have a place to store some pedals

AltecGreen

Reaction score

For use, you'll need a 50 ohm impedance BNC cable. 50 ohm cabling is standard for use with scopes like this. You will want BNC to alligator clips set. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JJU14/?tag=sevenstringorg-20) Those clips are useful for connecting to pickups or other guitar electronics.

If you can run 1 Mohm input impedance, it will be easier for guitars. Guitars pickup signals will have a hard time driving 50 ohm. You'll have to learn how to trigger scopes. If you want to test a live signal, set the trigger setting to AC LINE. You won't be using single pulse triggers like I do. Then hit run. You'll have to play with the trigger level otherwise it won't trigger.

If you have more questions, let me know. It takes a while to understand using scopes. At least these digital a scopes require less technique than older analog scopes without pre-trigger.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Which button blows stuff out of the airlock?

and which one nukes the site from orbit, just to be sure?

Saturnworks Buffered ABY Box is paid for, expecting to see it sometime in the next month. Planning to run it into the EHX720 stereo looper, into a MMHD130 and Lab Series L7.

Currently, denser looping gets too muddy into one amp. Looking forward to having substantially more definition between layers.

Also generally very stoked to be playing a big loud stereo rig again.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
For use, you'll need a 50 ohm impedance BNC cable. 50 ohm cabling is standard for use with scopes like this. You will want BNC to alligator clips set. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JJU14/?tag=sevenstringorg-20) Those clips are useful for connecting to pickups or other guitar electronics.

If you can run 1 Mohm input impedance, it will be easier for guitars. Guitars pickup signals will have a hard time driving 50 ohm. You'll have to learn how to trigger scopes. If you want to test a live signal, set the trigger setting to AC LINE. You won't be using single pulse triggers like I do. Then hit run. You'll have to play with the trigger level otherwise it won't trigger.

If you have more questions, let me know. It takes a while to understand using scopes. At least these digital a scopes require less technique than older analog scopes without pre-trigger.

Thanks man - I saw that kind of cable in a youtube repair on the unit, but didn't have a clue as to what it was called.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

Can it play Galaga?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That doesn't give me much hope :lol:

Good luck? The one amp I REALLY tried to get to work, added RF filter cap on the input, adding shielding to the bottom of the head shell, etc etc and still no love. Was annoying as I liked the overall sound of the amps, they were just unusable.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do you like it so far ? The features are obviously impressive, but I'm mainly scared of the el84 power section. Have you had the chance to crank it yet ?
I haven't cranked it yet on the 20 watt setting but the amp is impressive, great tone

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score

Pretty sure you can play Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac entirely with that.

spacebard

Reaction score

You need those to make it work

upload_2021-9-23_18-8-2.jpeg

protest

Reaction score
Good luck? The one amp I REALLY tried to get to work, added RF filter cap on the input, adding shielding to the bottom of the head shell, etc etc and still no love. Was annoying as I liked the overall sound of the amps, they were just unusable.

Yea the one I had was a 2 Channel H, which I really liked. I brought it back to GC for repair. Got it back, and played it in the store for 30 minutes. Dead quiet. Took it home and it sounded like I plugged a vacuum cleaner into it instead of a guitar.