What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Matt08642

Reaction score
One of these amps, having a hard time choosing, since they’re quite different, but I have been absolutely loving the Archon model in Helix native lately. and like everyone and their brother is running the 5150 III in some form anymore. Also I’ve been wanting to grab this color of the Wolfgang special lately well, and I’ve got the chance, so I probably will. View attachment 109489

Me: I don't think I need anything else, my collection is complete

*sees this

Well...

Reaction score
The split coil sound for me is only going to be for recording and messing around, so I’m not worried about it much. I haven’t played in a live setting since 2013.

A mini switch is definitely preferred, but I don’t want to do any drilling on the body. It’s only got a single volume and a 3-way blade.

As for checking the original value, you’re right I still need to verify it’s value before taking the plunge. They are made to look like EMG soap bars so I was automatically thinking they’d have a low value despite them being passives :ugh:. I probably would need a 1M pot, thinking on it again.

Honestly, I’m just being kinda lazy. All I have to do is change the tone controls on my ODs to a brighter setting on all of my patches and it sounds great. But, I also do like doing minor mods for fun.

... so a blade switch... how about a Freeway 5B5-01 switch and be done with it? Not only you'll get your coil split, but many other options as well, and all done in one controller without sacrifying the guitar's body to more holes...

... does it looks like I really dislike push/pull pots...? 😁

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
... so a blade switch... how about a Freeway 5B5-01 switch and be done with it? Not only you'll get your coil split, but many other options as well, and all done in one controller without sacrifying the guitar's body to more holes...

... does it looks like I really dislike push/pull pots...? 😁
I was thinking the same thing :lol: I've never swapped a switch myself before, but it's obviously no more difficult than swapping a pickup. I do kind of want the guitar to be brighter still, though, so a 1M push pull would be the cheapest option here I think.
Out for delivery
Three of the sweetest words in the English language.

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing :lol: I've never swapped a switch myself before, but it's obviously no more difficult than swapping a pickup. I do kind of want the guitar to be brighter still, though, so a 1M push pull would be the cheapest option here I think.

(...)

I found it hard to get a 1Mohm push/pull switch, doesn't mean they don't exist, only they're way harder to find... I'd still go with the Freeway AND a 1M ohm simple pot.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Three of the sweetest words in the English language.
Neighbour told delivery guy i was at work (i am). Wife is off, her car is home. She signed.

The next hour is gonna suck :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I'm half thinking about maybe getting an MXR 6 Band EQ to place after the Tech 21 California I bought. I'm wondering if maybe it would help to capture Anthrax, John Sykes, and Rocky George type tones.

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
I'm looking hard at an amp modeler. Right now, I'm on 4 sides of the fence between a Helix floor, a Kemper Stage, a FM3/FC-6 (since the FM9 is on backorder) and a Quad Cortex. I had the Headrush pedalboard and while it was fairly easy to program with the touchscreen, the 'feel' wasn't there for me. In the end, I sold the Headrush but I do like what modelers have to offer.