What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta an Ibanez JS and/or PRS Ce itch to scratch...
I thought about trying to trade my lp classic for a CE (have only played one and it needed some tlc). I was surprised at how few were available.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Finally found a decently priced fryette ps2 to pair with my axe fx. I'm probably going to pick up a rackmount kit for it as well. This is like the fourth powerstation I've owned so I'm really going to try hanging on to it this time.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Not a "new" guitar, but I'm working on finishing this up for my dad for Father's Day. Got it all sanded and prepped for stain yesterday:

Then did the first color today:

The idea was to stain it black, then sand back just so the grain was highlighted, but then I saw how close it looked to Kiesel's Antique Ash finish, so I sanded it back for more of a weathered look and then threw one more coat on top. Going to sand back the center on top and then stain it as an orange burst. Should look awesome! I've got my wife tracing the existing headstock logo right now so we can print a new one on the Cricut so I can stain the headstock to match.

Millul

Reaction score
I thought about trying to trade my lp classic for a CE (have only played one and it needed some tlc). I was surprised at how few were available.
Yeah they aren't exactly "everywhere" here in Europe as well, but I have seen a couple of decent deals around. Actually lost the right timing on 2 great looking green ones, which would be an "automatic GF seal of approval"

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bought some Van Damme Pro Grade cable in multiple colours, 1 meter lengths. Also got some pancake Neutrik connectors too.

My effects racks are good fun until you need to do something regarding cables, then its not so fun.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Bought a Duncan '59 for the sole reason of having proper gloss black bobbins vs the satin textured bobbins on the DiMarzio PAF Pro. Was looking weird paired with the Duncan TB-5 in the bridge. Also fitting it was a logo-less floor custom because the TB-5 also doesn't have a logo.

Aaaalso found this Nux chorus pedal called the NCH-4. One of the few *stereo* mini chorus pedals I've found. Supposed to emulate an MXR Stereo chorus, Arion SCH-1, and CE-1 AND has tap tempo. Seems like a lot for $60 lol.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m keeping myself pure for the Jeff Hanneman LTD that’s supposed to be coming towards the end of the year.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Definitely thinking my tobacco burst strat with tortoiseshell HSH pickguard needs a CBS style American Performer neck with rosewood fretboard.
Bought it. I'm convinced the bigger headstock necks sound better. (Fuck you, fight me!) Waiting for the EMG Revelation set and EMG S2 I ordered as well for this guitar.

I also bought a purple pearloid HSH pickguard for one of my Stratocasters, so I can load it with H1A/S1/H1A. That way, I'll have two guitars loaded with HSS, HSH, SSS, and HH.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
A beat to shit Charvel Model 6. I wound up getting a 1990 Charvel Soloist a while ago which I think was a transitionary model for Japan only, but basically a Model 6 with a blade switch, and it sounds great with those old Jackson pickups. Was trying to get it out to GMW for a refinish and wanted to change from floyd to kahler but Lee said he couldn't do it because of the neck angle. That was news to me, but quite a bummer. Problem solved?

i-img900x1200-1686499121fufy2a560089.jpg

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Those are sweet!! Where / how did you get them?

These were a limited run by Hata in Japan. They opened orders in February and closed them after two weeks. They just finished the batch and sent them to those who ordered. These come in four colors and a variety of different engravings options. Unfortunately, these are not a stock item so you'll have to wait till the next time they make these. I think they are making a run in all black at the moment.

thacZERO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These were a limited run by Hata in Japan. They opened orders in February and closed them after two weeks. They just finished the batch and sent them to those who ordered. These come in four colors and a variety of different engravings options. Unfortunately, these are not a stock item so you'll have to wait till the next time they make these. I think they are making a run in all black at the moment.

Ah OK thanks!!! Will keep an eye out on this site then.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
For whatever reason, my Strat neck that was supposed to ship out from Sweetwater did not. It should hopefully ship tomorrow, but I wasn't given any information as to why it wasn't sent out today.

akinari

Reaction score
I gotta get the 909s out of my Schecter. I kept them for a year but man, no. No no no. The 707 and 707x are cool but I just can't get jiggy with these shits. So.... Lundgren M9s or some Elysians. I have zero experience with 9 string pickups so I have no idea where to start 🤦‍♂️