What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Shask

Reaction score
I said I was fine with guitars... But I'm falling out of love with my Tele. It just feels weird to hold compared to my other guitars. Idk, I think its how the tummy cut is carved + lack of an arm bevel. Soooo I'm currently looking at a guitar to replace it lol... as long as no one else buys it before me.
I tend to fight with all guitars that don't have an upper horn. I hate neck dive.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I said I was fine with guitars... But I'm falling out of love with my Tele. It just feels weird to hold compared to my other guitars. Idk, I think its how the tummy cut is carved + lack of an arm bevel. Soooo I'm currently looking at a guitar to replace it lol... as long as no one else buys it before me.

Which Tele is it? I personally love mine, it's got a tummy cut but no arm bevel, so not sure if it's one of the same.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Which Tele is it? I personally love mine, it's got a tummy cut but no arm bevel, so not sure if it's one of the same.
It's a Tele Deluxe. The problem is I've been playing PRS SEs which have the radiused top which feels significantly more comfortable to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score

You want a Warmoth Tele. :)

IMG_3404.jpeg

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Nah you can keep the burl lol
Well, ignoring your bad taste 😂, they don't have the burl anymore anyway. But man they make some great stuff with a bunch of custom options. Maybe a bit underrated, probably because they're a little expensive for a "parts" guitar brand. But they're fucking great. 👍

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Well, ignoring your bad taste 😂, they don't have the burl anymore anyway. But man they make some great stuff with a bunch of custom options. Maybe a bit underrated, probably because they're a little expensive for a "parts" guitar brand. But they're fucking great. 👍

Second :yesway: I built a Thinline Tele from Warmoth parts and also put a Warmoth neck on a Jazz bass body. Not the cheapest, but well worth it for the construction quality and options IMO

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Placed an order for one of those new Ibanez Pentatone EQ pedals. Not sure when it'll arrive yet, but it's gonna be fun fiddling with it!
Long and Mcquade gave me a restocking date of March/April, for anyone interested. So I'll be getting mine around then. Bit of a longer wait than I anticipated, but I'm cool with it!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I’m not that far gone.

It’s a pedal.

As long as it's not an anime pedal :D

Unrelated, but have Suhr prices gone nuts? I saw this pop up, beautiful spec, but the price is like 2x what I was expecting. Is it just a Japan thing or are the US prices nuts too?

There's also a full maple body valley arts-inspired one for 1.5M, or like $10k. It's a nice piece of wood, but c'mon.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as it's not an anime pedal :D

Unrelated, but have Suhr prices gone nuts? I saw this pop up, beautiful spec, but the price is like 2x what I was expecting. Is it just a Japan thing or are the US prices nuts too?

There's also a full maple body valley arts-inspired one for 1.5M, or like $10k. It's a nice piece of wood, but c'mon.

Yes they have... $5k-$7k for customs with figured tops. Most of the new koa stuff I'm seeing is in the $6k-$7k range

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
New guitar ordered, hopefully it's here early next week, not sure how long it takes from midwest to MA but I guess we'll find out!

Now I need to just trade in my baritone/cab as fucking no one is biting on them

It's here, and god damn are these things sleepers in 2024, but I honestly might grab another so I can leave one in Drop D and have the other as it's intended purpose in baritone tuning. We were fools so long ago, but I'll post a NGD in the next day or so.