What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Since getting a cat I've been genuinely looking at some kind of wireless setup :lol: I guess the current "good" one is the Shure GLXD16+. If anyone has this (or the previous Shure GLXD16), have you had any issues using it with computer interfaces or Multi-FX units? I can't find anything about it at the moment but I recall people saying they had some issue using wireless setups in those contexts.
The only issue I can see with digital wireless units is dropouts from WiFi interference but it doesn't seem really bad with those Shure units

I can also recommend the old Line 6 X2 series. Apparently it's some hybrid UHF/digital setup but I've been using one for the past month now and it rules. Also seems to have aged better than the Line 6 Relay series?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna buy a 5 string bass. Probably a SR505.

Then I want a better mic, $20 mics don't help me sound good. SM7B will help me find out just how bad I sound.

We'll see if I stick to the plan lol

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
This thing is pretty great. Rosewood fretboard, bubinga top, maple sides, block inlays, 24.75”, with a killer finish and surprisingly good sounding ceramic pickups… for $300.

The bridge is incredibly comfortable for palm muting.

Only “complaint” is it says medium sized frets but they feel like fretless wonders. I might have to raise action because it’s too easy to play and miss notes lol.

IMG_5085.jpegIMG_5088.jpegIMG_5086.jpeg
IMG_5092.jpeg

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
How'd your Synergy end up needing repaired?
I meant buying into Synergy, as well as my RM100 needing repaired. And also my Peavey Ultra needs recapped as well, random crackling and I've rolled all the tubes in and out. But if I get started into the RM100 resurrection, I'm gonna be doing the Yunio dual channel mod and will need a new set up power tubes. All in all expensive and I don't even know if this band is doing anything its cursed lol. I have way less GAS while being a bedroom player.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This thing is pretty great. Rosewood fretboard, bubinga top, maple sides, block inlays, 24.75”, with a killer finish and surprisingly good sounding ceramic pickups… for $300.

The bridge is incredibly comfortable for palm muting.

Only “complaint” is it says medium sized frets but they feel like fretless wonders. I might have to raise action because it’s too easy to play and miss notes lol.

View attachment 138491View attachment 138492View attachment 138490
View attachment 138493
Kinda similar bridge to my SZ320, although mines ToM vs wraparound. Also same thing with the pickups; surprisingly great sounding. I was expecting to swap them out but nah, it'll probably stay stock. Holds clear even in drop B.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Jackson custom shop DK1 on the way.
It has arrived

IMG-5453.jpg

IMG-5454.jpg

BabUShka

Reaction score
I've lately discovered that most of the bands and guitarists that I love the sound of - uses Mesa Mark series amps.. I've never played those amps. So I'm starting to question my Marshall journey and heading against saving for a Mark V or IV.

BabUShka

Reaction score

Thanks for heads up. Cant be too picky when it comes to second hand purchase on Mesa here in Europe, ast there are few - and often Mark V for sale for en skyhigh price.
But I'll keep my eyes open.

There's a really nice vintage Mark IIC (not +) for sale - but I'd have to sell some stuff to afford it right now.

Shask

Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. Cant be too picky when it comes to second hand purchase on Mesa here in Europe, ast there are few - and often Mark V for sale for en skyhigh price.
But I'll keep my eyes open.

There's a really nice vintage Mark IIC (not +) for sale - but I'd have to sell some stuff to afford it right now.
Could do a Synergy Syn-1 and a IICP module.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet! The Roch is about the only main Shun circuit I'm missing. The Kaigen is cool but I preferred the other Redemptionist versions.

10/10, as you know, is a beast, but my favourites are still the SND 9/9+ and Redemptionist.

Kigen is still en route from Japan, but the Roch arrived. Killer pedal. It's not muddy with the low cut disengaged but it really tightens up when you do. Stacked really well with the Keeley Noble Screamer or Muse Driver too. Only tried it with the Ibanez AWD83, but I'm curious to try with some EVH and Mayones guitars to see how well it does heavy.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Anyone ever use Redco speaker wire? I used their cable years ago to build DB25 snakes for my studio and they were great, but now I need a bunch of speaker cables for this de Lisle 4x4 and I'm not paying $20/each for a 3ft cable when I can make 10 of them for less than the cost of 4 premade ones... I could go Mogami, but my experience soldering them in the past was less than ideal and it's 3x the price, yet likely not 3x the product.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Kigen is still en route from Japan, but the Roch arrived. Killer pedal. It's not muddy with the low cut disengaged but it really tightens up when you do. Stacked really well with the Keeley Noble Screamer or Muse Driver too. Only tried it with the Ibanez AWD83, but I'm curious to try with some EVH and Mayones guitars to see how well it does heavy.
What would you compare it to?

Shask

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Redco speaker wire? I used their cable years ago to build DB25 snakes for my studio and they were great, but now I need a bunch of speaker cables for this de Lisle 4x4 and I'm not paying $20/each for a 3ft cable when I can make 10 of them for less than the cost of 4 premade ones... I could go Mogami, but my experience soldering them in the past was less than ideal and it's 3x the price, yet likely not 3x the product.
I think so, lol. I have ordered all kinds of things from Redco, including their own brand, and all of it has been great.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
What would you compare it to?

Good question. Let me play around with it tonight and maybe A/B against some others. I was thinking maybe the One Control Lingonberry but I'd need to listen more closely. (I had screaming kids running around while I was playing lol)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's good stuff. It's just OEM Canare if I remember correctly.