What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You nearly triggered the amp whore in me and if this guy wasn't a 45 minute drive from me, I'd probably pick it up anyway, but I think my senses may have come to me. Unless he's actually willing to meet halfway, I'm not going out of my way to pick it up, doesn't matter if it's a good deal or not.

If I had a place where I could open up a Deluxe Reverb and let it roar, I’d drive that far for one without hesitation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Driving 45 minutes is like an eternity to me. Doing an hour and 30 minutes round trip just for an amp sounds like torture :lol:
1h30m of you your tunes AND you get a new amp? Cmon :lol:

or call a buddy if handsfree, catch up.

Listen to a podcast nerding out about the deluxe reverb.

Theres options!

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
1h30m of you your tunes AND you get a new amp? Cmon :lol:

or call a buddy if handsfree, catch up.

Listen to a podcast nerding out about the deluxe reverb.

Theres options!
Yeah, none of those are happening for me. I have a 5 year old that would have to drive with me. I'll just get him yelling that he's hungry and to turn the music down because his head hurts :lol:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I feel this though too. Hard to do gear trips these days with a 10 month old daughter :lol:
Yeah, for real. I work from home, so technically I COULD do it almost any time of the day, except he only has half-day preschool and usually they want to meet later in the day and I gotta weigh whether it's worth being verbally abused for the amount of time or not :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, none of those are happening for me. I have a 5 year old that would have to drive with me. I'll just get him yelling that he's hungry and to turn the music down because his head hurts :lol:
I either take the baby or go after bedtime/during naptime (3 and almost 1).

Worth noting the other parent is home when i gear safari. Ive done 2hr runs to get back for bedtime routine (5150) lol.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Any Revv D20 or D25 owners in here? Looking to buy one to take with me as my long-term traveling amp.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I either take the baby or go after bedtime/during naptime (3 and almost 1).

Worth noting the other parent is home when i gear safari. Ive done 2hr runs to get back for bedtime routine (5150) lol.
Wife works and doesn't get home until after I have to pick the kids up from school. I drop my youngest off at 12:15 and pick up at 3:15 so the window of no child is very limited. Usually have lots going on after school, so unless they're close or nearby somewhere we all want to go, it's usually a no-go. Sometimes I have time on Sundays, but at this time of the year, it's unlikely.
What strange enclave of the valley do you live in? 45 minutes is medium effort bro.
Basically as far East as it stretches. If it's past Tempe, I'm usually not down unless I really need it and it's an insane deal lol.
I got a 6 hour drive next week for work, lol. 45 is nothing :)
I would quit immediately LOL.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I found a 6505 for $549.

I am seriously considering selling my EVH 5150 III EL34. I could likely pocket $300 to use on pickups and whatnot…

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Any Revv D20 or D25 owners in here? Looking to buy one to take with me as my long-term traveling amp.

Nevermind… I’m listening to the demo of the new G50 and I think that clean with the wide switch engaged sounds way better than the D25 cleans.

I’m thinking G50 + 112 cab covers all the bases and likely means less pedals I need to bring.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Driving 45 minutes is like an eternity to me. Doing an hour and 30 minutes round trip just for an amp sounds like torture :lol:

I had ordered a Ken Lawrence explorer sometime around 2008, when I lived in Amherst, MA. When it was finished in maybe 2012 or so, I had graduated and moved on and was living with my parents. I pinged Ken here and there, and I knew the guitar was near completion and getting ready for ship. Then I received an email saying like, "it should be delivered!" and I'm like, via Fedex?? Because that truck already came? "The address is still ... Amherst, MA, right?" WHAAAAT!?

I had to race the 5 hours out to Amherst hoping the most expensive guitar ever wasn't stolen off the porch. When I got there, there was no box, but my previous neighbors said they saw a mysterious guitar box sitting there and when they walked up to it, it had my name on it, so they had put it in their porch :D So grabbed it, turned around, got back home around 3-4am. And it was a KL and super amazing so I didn't even really dwell on how ridiculous the situation was.