What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I generally prefer Tubescreamers, but the Rat used as a booster OD into a high gain amp is pretty cool also. Volume at like 3 oclock, and gain about 9 oclock, Filter to taste. It does a cool almost Treble Booster type thing.

I am kind of convinced that the Klon is kind of a Rat, Clean Blend, Tubescreamer Hybrid.
The gain path of the Klon Centaur is apparently MXR Distortion+ based.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon who's running the sale as well. $13 for the 3-packs.
Just checked and GC is as well.

But yeah when D'addario promotes sales like this, it tends to cover authorized dealers as well.
Right on, thanks for the heads up! I haven't been buying a lot of D'addarios lately but I might get some for my 6 string guitars.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I grabbed the Fabfilter Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 since they were the main ones I had held off on before but was still interested in. I'd been using H-delay primarily for years and never really liked it, and Saturn has a lot more nuance and usability than VTM/Decapitator/Devil-loc especially for mastering situations.
Nice. Saturn is on my list.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was gonna maybe spend money on a 2204 but can trade for a DR103 which is much less painful on the wallet. Very different amps though. Research mode on the dr103.
Isn't there a dr103 in the Fractal? I think it's Highpower Brilliant or something like that.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't there a dr103 in the Fractal? I think it's Highpower Brilliant or something like that.
There is and I think I tried it once or twice.

What will likely happen is either I'll end up alternating between the DR105 and the superlead for jams, or be *that asshole* once in a while and run them in stereo there too :lol:.

I have the 1960A with stereo jacks and the tuner bypass on the TU3 or the stereo out of the DD7 means I could run 3 amps into the 2 cabs at home for "roflcopter" status.

Did some reading and some watching what little relevant YT content I could find, great way to spend a Friday night :lol:.

Doesn't hurt one of my long-time band friends works for Hiwatt :yesway:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yoooo....that's a big lump of fantastic amps
Yep! The fender was supposed to be for the touring band, but we quickly realized it was under powered :lol:.

My next doom jam is next week, it’ll be the superlead or hiwatt.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Being told if the cab with the DR105 has cast frame fanes to bring it home.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I must be old. I dig the hell out of this:

Latest posts