What is your "white whale" guitar?

• Thread starter Wynseun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crimson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've always wanted one of these Caparison in the Red Sunset finish :)
caparison_tat_red_sunset_back.jpg
I swear I saw one on Reverb for $2500.

https://reverb.com/item/66344686-caparison-tat-red-sunset

Yeah that one.

I think the price is much too high and I like the Frozen finish better, but I definitely want an older TAT. The new ones look weird.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krystof

Reaction score
I swear I saw one on Reverb for $2500.

https://reverb.com/item/66344686-caparison-tat-red-sunset

Yeah that one.

I think the price is much too high and I like the Frozen finish better, but I definitely want an older TAT. The new ones look weird.
yeah the price seems steep on this one. I was thinking around 1200-1500 on an excellent piece.

Frozen sky looks cool as well, I agree with you those newer ones doesn't pop as much as the older ones

crimson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah the price seems steep on this one. I was thinking around 1200-1500 on an excellent piece.

Frozen sky looks cool as well, I agree with you those newer ones doesn't pop as much as the older ones
From my experience, $1500 on an excellent condition TAT is almost unrealistic from what I've seen. I've seen a few go for $1,700 and had issues that were definitely not an easy fix.

But I do hope one comes along.

EDIT - One came along...

Krystof

Reaction score
From my experience, $1500 on an excellent condition TAT is almost unrealistic from what I've seen. I've seen a few go for $1,700 and had issues that were definitely not an easy fix.

But I do hope one comes along.

EDIT - One came along...

Ooh that's something to keep an eye on. Great find

jahosy

Reaction score
I've always wanted one of these Caparison in the Red Sunset finish :)
caparison_tat_red_sunset_back.jpg
Had one in years ago, sold it to fund a TAT special.
Screenshot_20230605_211614_Chrome.jpg

Totally regretted selling it... it's probably one of the best guitar I've owned. Always on the lookout for another one....