Where can I get tubes in EU ? (for an ENGL Invader 150?)

guitarneeraj

WindMarp
Reaction score
Hey guys could anybody advise me what's the best place in EU to get tubes from? I know tube replacement threads have been staple on the forum but I'm in Germany atm and looking to buy Tung-Sol 12AX7's for the preamp and JJ E34L's for the power amp stage. I looked at Tube-Town, Dr. Tube, and eurotubes, budget is not an issue but like any discerning consumer I want to get the best deal and don't want to get into trouble with the customs guys (in Germany as per my experience anything ordered from the US is a potential bitch for customs clearance!)

Thanks in advance, cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
Hey man, you should check out euro-tubes. They know what they're doing and have whole re-tube sets for a great variety of amps :) Also great comuinication in case you're in doubt about anything :) Find 'em here: Eurotubes - Vacuum Tubes by JJ Electronic - ECC83, 12AX7, 6L6. 6L6GC, EL84, EL34, KT77, KT66, KT88

Might look at watford valves, they're based in the UK. Never had any experience with 'em, but I heard only good things :) They have a broader range of tubes -Watford Valves :: Watford valves is a U.K company that has become one of Europe's leading supliers of tested, graded and guaranteed valves to the professional music industry.

Good luck!

guitarneeraj

WindMarp
Reaction score
I know they're called "eurotubes" , but do they deliver from within the EU or is it from the US ?? Honestly I'm not too keen on ordering from US.. I'll check out watford valves, a couple other people recommended that as well.. Thanks dude!

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
I know they're called "eurotubes" , but do they deliver from within the EU or is it from the US ?? Honestly I'm not too keen on ordering from US.. I'll check out watford valves, a couple other people recommended that as well.. Thanks dude!

Last time I heard, they we're shipping from EU :) I have the same no-go about shipping from the states - it'll cost import taxes and rather expensive shipping, a long trip bla bla...just a lot of hassle with customs and potential problems.

evilsaint

Reaction score
Hey guys could anybody advise me what's the best place in EU to get tubes from? I know tube replacement threads have been staple on the forum but I'm in Germany atm and looking to buy Tung-Sol 12AX7's for the preamp and JJ E34L's for the power amp stage. I looked at Tube-Town, Dr. Tube, and eurotubes, budget is not an issue but like any discerning consumer I want to get the best deal and don't want to get into trouble with the customs guys (in Germany as per my experience anything ordered from the US is a potential bitch for customs clearance!)

Thanks in advance, cheers!

TAD
Tung-Sol 12AX7 / ECC83 / Russia - Vorstufenröhren: Doppeltrioden