Which should I Buy

mxrtyrs

Reaction score
Been looking for a new 6 string to upgrade from my ec-50.

So far I have been trying to choose between 3

Ibanez RGIX20FEQM-SBS Iron Label Sapphire Blue Burst

Electric Guitars ARZ - ARZIR20FB Iron Label | Ibanez guitars

Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1P STBB See Thru Blue DOTS B- Stock [SLS C-1P BSTK Item: 1021 DOTS] - $659.00 : Gear Orphanage

they all seem to have the specs I would like but I can't choose as I have no idea on the build qualities or fretwork on them. I also have a set of Bare knuckle Juggernauts to throw into whichever one I get.

Musically, I play Anything from Periphery/Veil of Maya/Born of Osiris to Architects/Bmth/Bleed from Within to Coheed and Cambria/Anberlin etc

My price range would be around the £600/$1000 mark if you would like to suggest any other guitars to me.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
ESP LTD MH-1000NT. I've got the H-1001 which is essentially the same guitar with a different headstock (and an Earvana nut and Custom 5/Jazz pups) - feels damn near the same. Seriously my favorite six-string in its price range. You could also get the current H-1001, but the colors are less awesome (just black and red, you seem to like blue ;)). They come stock with EMGs but if you're planning on swapping pickups anyways that's no big deal.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
out of the 3 i would go the Schecter hands down, its the better (by far). although since its a B-stock, resale value wont be as good if you decide to sell it down the road

Ibanez Prestige RG652FX Galaxy Black | Sweetwater.com

There you go, this guitar is everything you could ever need

I'm pretty sure this guitar is for the US market only, it does not show on any of the other worldwide ibanez pages (of course, you could try to import one to Ireland, but shipping and crazy europe taxes might not be worth it)

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
In the states, $1000 will easily buy you a used ESP Horizon. I would go that route or an Eclipse if you like your EC but think it's about 10% the guitar it could be.

chandler1389

Reaction score

stevexc

Reaction score
Oh dang you're in Ireland - check out the Chapman guitars, Andertons carries them. Supposed to be a LOT of guitar for the money.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
In the states, $1000 will easily buy you a used ESP Horizon. I would go that route or an Eclipse if you like your EC but think it's about 10% the guitar it could be.

THIS. ESP all the way. Especially if you are satisfied with your current EC model. If not, I really feel like you would be satisfied with any of the 3 you listed. IMO, the Schecter SLS slightly edges the other 2.

JonusGrumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
YOU'RE folking over the bacon for a guitar.
You've narrowed YOU'RE selection down to a few very different guitars.
Please go to a few shops and try them to see what YOU like best.
Everyone had different tastes, so the decision is ultimately yours!
While it's good to get some opinions and arm yourself with knowledge before you go, don't rely on suggestions of total strangers to decide what guitar is best for you.
Only you can decide what feels and sounds best.