Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Glad to see everyone who has picked up the cd is loving it! We've had so much support on this album and it's an amazing feeling.

For anyone interested in grabbing it here are a few links where you can pick it up!

Whitechapel (our webstore where there are still merch+CD bundles available)

Our Endless War - CD - Best Buy (Best Buy is offering a special price of $7.99 in stores an online for the 1st week of release)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/our-endless-war/id828056300

Amazon.com: Our Endless War: Whitechapel: MP3 Downloads (Amazon offering for $8.99)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
The album is amazing. Really can't wait for 5/25 That show is going to be too amazing.

drjeffreyodweyer

Reaction score
Am I the only one around here who doesnt like this album at all? :(

Very sad about this, so no hate. I am a big whitechapel fan for years now, but everything I liked about them is gone now. Biggest disappointment are phils vocals. Hes one badass vocalist. After hearing him on danza IV an more recently the vocals for mitch lucker's memorial show I had high hopes for the new album. But everything I hear are doubled midrange shouts with extra distortion :squint:

Again, no hate. I really want to like this album. Looked into this thread and was seriously surprised by all this praise. Its just too mainstream in my ears. And I am no "metal elitist" btw

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score

Very sad about this, so no hate. I am a big whitechapel fan for years now, but everything I liked about them is gone now. Biggest disappointment are phils vocals. Hes one badass vocalist. After hearing him on danza IV an more recently the vocals for mitch lucker's memorial show I had high hopes for the new album. But everything I hear are doubled midrange shouts with extra distortion :squint:

Again, no hate. I really want to like this album. Looked into this thread and was seriously surprised by all this praise. Its just too mainstream in my ears. And I am no "metal elitist" btw

I don't know man, I heard a lot of brutal lows on the album. Did you hear both "bonus" tracks as well?

I for one love it. I think this is the best album they have ever put out. It's so consistent I can listen to it all the way through without the urge to skip a track or two.

Killer job guys:metal:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

That's a shame, because it doesn't sound "mainstream" to me at all.

And as Phil said in the studio video, he didn't just try to go as low as he could in everh song, he did what came naturally. And, to my ears, it worked; you can really tell how well everything flows vocally, instead of the usual up and down of deathcore.

To each their own, but Whitechapel have written their best album for us this time.

I Voyager

Reaction score
I liked the album, but I LOVED the bonus tracks. Fall Of The Hypocrites is so slammy.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
JcqrkHQ.png

Merch arrived! Props to Merchnow for, in my experience being the most reliable website to get any merch from!

Kind of wish I could get the deluxe version with the DVD though.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
The album is okay. I'd say it's better than the last one. I really dislike that Phil dropped most of the low gutturals, and got a kind of new midrange style, that just doesn't click with me. I mean, it is ferocious, but I know that Phil can do better. Lacks the power of This is Exile, and the slaminess, heaviness and brutality of The Somatic Defilement (Though you guys probably won't ever go back to it, and you play songs from it live very rarely :/). I really liked the bonus tracks though. Fall Of The Hypocrites goes back to your first album days, the end of song slam is just hnnnnnnnnnnng.

that short guy

Reaction score
I really like this album. While I did notice Phil didn't follow his traditional style I honestly think what he did fit the music better. It also made it feel more intense/heartfelt so to speak.

Guitar wise I really liked it. It feels like a Whitechaple but more refined.

My favorite is still the self titled but this was still a great album. I like every song and it flows in a logical order.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I'd just checked last night to see if my local Best Buy had Our Endless War in stock, and they did. Go there tonight after work, all sold out. :( Will be ordering for sure though, I love everything I've heard off the record so far.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'd just checked last night to see if my local Best Buy had Our Endless War in stock, and they did. Go there tonight after work, all sold out. :( Will be ordering for sure though, I love everything I've heard off the record so far.

I recommend Merchnow. Took 3 days to get here from ordering, it even shipped the same day I placed the order!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
"Worship The Digital Age" is quickly becoming my favorite WC song ever. "Blacked Out" is getting close too.

What an album.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
I was sneaky and ordered my package from the EU store so I could get the shorts too.
Album has been blasting non stop pissing my neighbours off and I have been rocking the shorts since too

katsumura78

Reaction score
The album is amazing. It has been my gym music for over a week now (bought it Friday at the show a few days before its official release!). You guys killed it !

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
Question about the show in Buffalo on the second day of the tour, did you guys find it funny that the local opening band was named after one of your songs?

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
grabbed mine at best buy 7.99! Been on loop since, soaking up the brootz...

$7.99!!??

Even if you take illegal download out of the equation, with prices like that for new releases no wonder bands aren't making any money.