Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Welp, my first ever Whitechapel show was incredible. They were really, really tight, everything sounded perfect.

Carnifex tore it up, much more impressive than I was expecting.

Didn't get there in time for Rivers of Nihil, unfortunately.

DevilDriver.... i don't know if they were having an off night or what, but they were sloppy. Like, really sloppy. And couldn't really hear the kick drum at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Okay, so I've heard about this band. Anything nice I should listen to first?

Difficult to say. My favorite album is the new one, "Our Endless War"; but I have a friend who says his favorite is "This Is Exile". And there are plenty of people who give the title to "The Somatic Defilement".

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Not sure if you'll see this or not, but thank you Alex for taking the time to chat with me after the show in Atlanta this evening! I was the dude in the Bruins gear talking about SSO lol Helped make my birthday perfect! You guys put on one helluva show, will definitely catch you again next tour!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Couple of things in this video...

Whitehapel's "Our Endless War" Guitar Playthrough Is Not Endless, Is in Fact only 4:24 | GearGods

1) Alex, I LOVE the mods you did to your SCT. Where did you get the pickguard? Was it a custom made for you by ESP or did you get someone else to make it?
2) Your tone sounds awesome here. Not sure what happened with the DiMarzio videos, but it sounds absolutely monstrous in this video.

...Hows the baritone LTD AW-2 looking now? :lol:
EDIT: It's a Guitar World video, no less. And the tone isn't absolute shit. What wizardy did you use? :rofl:

Alpha-Dee

Reaction score
I wonder when the dvd's coming out, can't wait for that! I believe the original release date was supposed to be this month?

Mattykoda

Reaction score
This has been out for a couple days now but I love the cinematography in these videos. Also really excited for a new album this year and in an interview I read Alex said there might some clean vocals in it so that will be interesting.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
cover.jpg

Out June 24th
Track Listing:
1. The Void
2. Mark of the Blade
3. Elitist Ones
4. Bring Me Home
5. Tremors
6. A Killing Industry
7. Tormented
8. Brotherhood
9. Dwell in the Shadows
10. Venomous
11. Decennium

Alex's words
“It’s the most dynamic record we’ve done, in the sense that one song can be very aggressive while the next one will be softer and sentimental,” guitarist Alex Wade asserts. “At this point in our career and as we grow older, we are taking a more open-minded approach to creating our music, allowing what we think sounds good to evolve naturally, rather than to just write what is expected of us.

Tour dates and what not : http://metalblade.com/whitechapel/
Can't wait to see them on August 14th

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm excited to hear the rest of the album. Not crazy about the new song, but perhaps it will grow on me.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Well the production on this is much nicer than it was on OEW, and I prefer how Phil's vocals on this sound, so I'm looking forward to this. I see people complaining about it being boring but honestly I've been looking for simplistic stuff like this, things that just make me want to get up and hit .... because it's heavy, this hits that for me.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying "Mark of the Blade", kinda reminds me of what would happen if Phil Bozeman fronted a G-tuned Bury Your Dead. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of the album!