Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I knew that except for Self Titled. That I didnt know. Nice!! :yesway:

Yeah, from what I remember they used an EVH 5153 profile for the self-titled. Album after that was Diezel Hebert. Not sure what's going on with this album.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cronux

Reaction score
went over the new album, getting kind of a Slipknot Iowa 2.0 vibe over 70% of the material...but maybe that's just me, also - if the tuning was one note higher (drop a I think?) the guitar tone would agree with me more.

Other than that it's a nice record - love the clean vocals and the more groovy approach this time

:2c:

that short guy

Reaction score
I've given the new record a few listens now and I think it's a pretty solid record. It's not my favorite, that's still a tie between the self-titled and a new era of corruption.

My only real complaint about the record is I feel like the bass isn't loud/present enough in the mix but that's a taste thing, someone else might think it's perfect the way it is

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Ben Harclerode is out. I hope they can get a competitive replacement, it's gonna be hard to find someone as beastly and tasty on the drums as he is.

lewis

Reaction score
Ben Harclerode is out. I hope they can get a competitive replacement, it's gonna be hard to find someone as beastly and tasty on the drums as he is.
fuuuuuuuck what!!!!//?? :(
He is a total beast. Wonder what the reason is?.
hate when lineups get altered.

lewis

Reaction score
Evidently he was unhappy in the band, so he quit.
Why is there nothing on their FB page about it?.
And i meant i wonder why he is unhappy. New sound not for him? He cannot stand the guys any more? He wants to be a session drummer for Taylor Swift?. All possiblities haha

that short guy

Reaction score
Why is there nothing on their FB page about it?.
And i meant i wonder why he is unhappy. New sound not for him? He cannot stand the guys any more? He wants to be a session drummer for Taylor Swift?. All possiblities haha

Dude you joke but her songs could be super interesting with some metal drumming added...........

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Nice and doomy (not meaning like the genre, before some metal scholar fills their diaper).

Anybody else immediately see the cover art as a spooky version of this? I'm not suggesting a ripoff, just noticing the similarity.
220px-Newsurrender_cover.jpg

SD83

Reaction score
Not really feeling this new song at all.
Same here. Not bad, but rather forgetable. I usually prefer their slower songs, but this one doesn't do anything for me right now. Then again, that is true for most of their songs while some totally blow me away, and those aren't necessarily the singles. On the plus side, I had almost forgotten they had a new record coming :D

buriedoutback

Reaction score
Brimstone - 1 listen.
I haven't really been much of a fan since New Era... Self-titled was ok. I really loved Exile and New Era.
I felt War and Blade were pretty 'meh' but I do like that 1 song: 'the saw is the law'.
Honestly, War and Blade were just sorta boring to me. This was compounded by that documentary they put out (which was a lot of slow motion artry-shots).
On Brimstone : Sorry dudes, at the 1:23 mark I was already checking the runtime to see how long the song was... I already forget how it sounds... and when it ended, I was like "oh thats it? same boring riff for 3 minutes..."
Thumbs down.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Now to play the long waiting game until the end of march to hear the entire record. Always enjoy me some new Whitechapel.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore Whitechapel fan, but the vibe/sound and album art are all A+ for me here. Brimstone isn't outwardly catchy, but it's a great listen and I keep coming back to it - nice riffs.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore Whitechapel fan, but the vibe/sound and album art are all A+ for me here. Brimstone isn't outwardly catchy, but it's a great listen and I keep coming back to it - nice riffs.

This. I don't usually get down with Whitechapel unless I'm feeling those deathcore vibes and just want something to scratch that itch.
But this one sounds promising. Put it on for background music and found myself stopping what I was doing to listen to it, which usually means good things :lol:

Latest posts