Whitechapel Megathread: All things Whitechapel!

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I feel like Im in the minority of people that was meh on WC's early deathcore stuff, but felt they got better and better with each new release. They're one of the few bands I felt that changes their sound perfectly without skipping a beat.

And yeah, I love this new song. Holy shit as those clean vocals.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I feel like Im in the minority of people that was meh on WC's early deathcore stuff, but felt they got better and better with each new release. They're one of the few bands I felt that changes their sound perfectly without skipping a beat.

Not alone, their newer stuff is great. This album is the first one I've actually gotten excited for, I've been waiting for this to drop since the first single launched.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score

Not in the minority at all. I only really started to enjoy them when Our Endless War was released. That album has been what I listen to on the morning cycle into work every day haha.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not in the minority at all. I only really started to enjoy them when Our Endless War was released. That album has been what I listen to on the morning cycle into work every day haha.

They never clicked with me until I stumbled upon I, Dementia one day. Then I heard the rest of the S/T album and I was hooked.

SD83

Reaction score
Same here. The old stuff is interesting and great in a live show to just get into the pit and go crazy, but when it comes to listening, I prefer the newer records a lot. And from what I've heard so far it's going to be the same with this new one.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Listened through the whole album once at work today. Sounded really good from what I could pick up since there was an industrial cooler humming over my head the whole time. I can already imagine all the old fans bitching about how they've gone soft but personally I never could get into the old albums and still can't. Now they have pretty much perfect balance between br00tz and melody for my taste.

Edit: WaDDaW is probably my favorite song off the album. Didn't really dig it when I heard it the first time but now it's been pretty much the only song in general I've been listening to during past two weeks or so. :lol:

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I can't get over that groove in Black Bear.
Haven't had the chance to listen to the full album yet, but based purely off of the singles alone I'm ready to call this their best album.

...that riff is so gross.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I only got halfway in before I had to turn it off. Not because I hated it, but I got distracted by other things. :lol:

But man, I wish more bands evolved as gracefully as Whitechapel has.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Song 6 and 7 were killer. The rest of the album was meh. I was never a Whitechapel fan to begin with though so whatever.

I just do not like what they are doing. I feel they are trying too hard, doing too much and that it is just all over the place.

Song 1 sounded like they wanted to be a black metal band but just didn't quite know what to do. I dislike the two "soft" or "hit single" songs. On their own, from another band then cool. They weren't that bad but from a band like this idk. just my opinion, and the singer sounded like Corey Taylor, plus there was some Devin Townsend ripoffs on the vocals in a couple other songs AND finally, one of the songs was a blatant Korn ripoff.

6/10 from me. Two completely killer songs mixed in the middle of a copycat album with an identity crisis. The production however was extremely good.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
I slept on this band for years, every time I checked them out it just came off as generic, uninspired, half-hearted death metal. People kept calling it deathcore.

But this, this is awesome. Like, really fucking awesome. I think I may be a fan.

Latest posts