Who here has been endorsed?

• Thread starter xmetalhead69
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I just recently got endorsed by Peavey, and we're working on D'addario at the moment. Guitars are definitely the hardest thing to come by, as you really have to get with a company at the right time, you don't want to get back the letter of mockery. If you're picky like me, you don't want to just go with any company. Granted I'm not against paying for instruments, but I would object to a free/extremely cheap Ibanez.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I'm not endorsed right now, but bands I've played in have had or do have endorsements with Fernandes Guitars, Spector Basses, a few clothing companies, Shine Custom Drums, TRX Cymbals and In Tune Guitar Picks. One of those bands is also currently working on "partial" endorsements with Fender and Orange.

Personally, I wouldn't take just any endorsement. Sure, it's cool to get free shit, but if it's not a product I'd choose to buy in the first place, no thanks. The list of companies I wouldn't endorse is much longer than that of which I would. If my new band could get endorsed by Gibson, Framus and Mesa, I'd be happy as a pig in shit. But since chances of that happening are slim to none, I'll continue to pay top dollar for their products because it's what works best for me.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my bands is endorsed by a swedish importer company, I've bought a Fender Tele and an Epiphone ES335 from them dirt cheap. But we've mostly got PA gear and a drum set from them.

To be honest though, I rather use my PRS Custom and Axe-Fx, which I payed for myself. So I don't see the need for getting mote gear that I don't use (I did sell the Epiphone for more than I payed for it though :fawk:).

I also have a 40% discount with Woodo Guitars after doing some product demos for them. Haven't used that yet though.

I do have a very inofficial endorsement with my local guitar shop too, can't remember the last time I actually had to pay for a repair or picks or any of that small stuff... class guys. "Ah what the hell you don't have to pay, we'll just charge the next old lady who comes in to get her guitar tuned an extra $50..."

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Currently endorsed by Peavey and orange, as well as Ibanez and Dean markley to some capacity. I may even still have a marshall endorsement, to be honest, i kind of lost track a few years ago...

may have to figure out exactly what is going on, at some point...

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Do you ever get paid for any of your endorsements? (People who have them)

I've been curious if you just get discounted / free stuff or if they actually pay you at some point even some miniscule amount.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Currently endorsed by Peavey and orange, as well as Ibanez and Dean markley to some capacity. I may even still have a marshall endorsement, to be honest, i kind of lost track a few years ago...

may have to figure out exactly what is going on, at some point...

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:I envy thee so very much:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

I've been curious if you just get discounted / free stuff or if they actually pay you at some point even some miniscule amount.

What, they pay you to take guitars off them for free/cheap? :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere over mesa site, they don`t do endorsments...to anybody...there was written somewhere that every musician that uses mesa had bought it for the full price.

There is a local Reggae band called Groundation. My friend is in that band and has the fullest Mesa endorsement they do cause they travel the world every summer and are huge in some countries like France. He gets 50% off all gear and thats it. They dont do full endorsements. A triple rectifier for $950 and a mesa 4x12 cab for $475 sound pretty good to me though. I guess if a company like Diezel gave me gear for free it might be a better deal than what Mesa can offer but I really like Mesa and they are a local company.

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score

The only artists who actually get paid by gear companies are the HUGE artists who dont need endorsements anyway i.e. Steve Vai, Mick from Slipknot, Dave Mustaine. Most of the time you just get a discount, maybe free gear if youre lucky, sometimes just mutual promotion. There's various different levels of endorsement so its not as clear cut as just "having an endorsement", could mean any number of things.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

At our level, just discounts. I've never been paid.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere over mesa site, they don`t do endorsments...to anybody...there was written somewhere that every musician that uses mesa had bought it for the full price.

Simply untrue. Mr. Petrucci doesn't pay for stuff, for example. We get discounts, and as far as I know Mesa does not claim otherwise.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Simply untrue. Mr. Petrucci doesn't pay for stuff, for example. We get discounts, and as far as I know Mesa does not claim otherwise.

Last night Andy Timmons said every one who uses Mesa has to pay for it (with discount) // he mentioned Paul McCartney, John Petrucci and him self as having to pay for their amps.

Seems kinda odd to me too, but I assume they just sell it at cost to them.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last night Andy Timmons said every one who uses Mesa has to pay for it (with discount) // he mentioned Paul McCartney, John Petrucci and him self as having to pay for their amps.

Seems kinda odd to me too, but I assume they just sell it at cost to them.

I know for a fact they "loan" new stuff to some artists. So, yeah, they don't actually give them anything, technically... :lol:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I know for a fact they "loan" new stuff to some artists. So, yeah, they don't actually give them anything, technically... :lol:

Ahh thats what they do, haha; i wouldn't mine some loaner gear from mesa :)

pink freud

Reaction score

I think I remember in the making of SYL Alien, they said that they were given the Mesas that they used on that album. Doesn't necessarily mean they were given by Mesa, even if I am remembering correctly, though.

Vstro

Reaction score
I have endorsements by Peavey, Ibanez, GHS strings, and Vader cabs. I was working on Engl too but they said I would need to use their cabs, which I'm not the biggest fan of. All you have to do is play a billion shows a year! :lol:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I have endorsements by Peavey, Ibanez, GHS strings, and Vader cabs. All you have to do is play a billion shows a year! :lol:

What band do you play for (if you dont mind me asking)

And what gear do you use, do you get all the stuff free?

EDIT

Ahh Salt the wound.. my wife got me into you guys 2 months ago; just bought the CD with the Roman guy on the cover (not good with CD names), love the guitar tones bro, great CD; if you ever make it to Milwaukee hit me up

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny story - Hoshino USA contacted me back last year. Wanted to know if I'd do an interview with them considering the number of Ibanez 7s I've whored/owned/whored.

I politely declined :rofl:

Latest posts