Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I'm on vacation but I caught a cold so I planned to stay dry at least until the evening to maybe have a few night caps but my dad just brought me a 8%ABV long drink as a name day gift and it's only noon. Guess that plan went out the window. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
It's the christmas miracle!

I remember when discount beer/cider/long drinks were a common sight. But not anymore. :(

Yeah, beer is goddamned expensive these days. I mean, you almost can't get a 24-pack for less than 30€ anymore. I remember when Pirkka Olut came out, it was 14.99 for a 24-pack... And then they were on discount for 12.99 every once in a while... So now I just go on a cruise ship whenever I run out of beer and fill up. Sometimes you can get it for the same price it cost in the supermarkets 10+ years ago if you're lucky (and it's better beer).

Speaking of beer, I have my next batch fermenting right outside my home office. Really soothing to hear the bubbling while working :lol: We're making x-mas stout this time, added some extra hops and clove+cinnamon. Let's hope it turns out good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Pryes Orange Tango IPA. I usually detest IPAs but this one is awesome. It's very mellow in terms of hops/bitterness (only 45 IBU) and has a melted dreamsicle mixed with booze type vibe.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Finally opened this bottle of Japanese whisky I bought at the beginning of the month. I can't believe it cost less than 30 euros for a full sized (70cl) bottle but it turned out to be pretty damn smooth.

1690526873-tenjakubottle70-2021.jpg

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Finally opened this bottle of Japanese whisky I bought at the beginning of the month. I can't believe it cost less than 30 euros for a full sized (70cl) bottle but it turned out to be pretty damn smooth.

Not bad... I've heard good things about Japanese whiskey but I've yet to try any myself. I guess I'll give it a go in ~10 years when my reserves are empty :lol:

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score

1690526873-tenjakubottle70-2021.jpg
That's a great deal considering how expensive good whiskey has been getting.

A friend of mine gave me most of a bottle of Hakushu (made by this same company, I think) because it was taking him too long to get through. This was about 3 years ago, and it was about $80 at the time. Googled just now and it's like $160. :ugh: I just gave the last fourth of that same bottle to my sister's husband to finish off, and he did so that very night LOL.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
That's a great deal considering how expensive good whiskey has been getting.

A friend of mine gave me most of a bottle of Hakushu (made by this same company, I think) because it was taking him too long to get through. This was about 3 years ago, and it was about $80 at the time. Googled just now and it's like $160. :ugh: I just gave the last fourth of that same bottle to my sister's husband to finish off, and he did so that very night LOL.

Dude, I know how you feel. I bought a bottle of Hakushu 12 back in 2013 for exactly $80 and it's definitely doubled in price. Whisky in general would've been a great investment back in the day. :lol:

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I've been drinkin'. Actually, factually, I am drinkin' right now!

Drank a bottle of McGuigan white wine while marinading in sauna. Put kids (and wife went too) to bed and just now I opened a pack of dry apple cider. Did some puff puff -stuff a couple of minutes ago and got on the computer. My headphones' are blasting Riverside's Lost 'n' Found live in Tilburg and for now, everythings just fine.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Haven't been to a bar in a long time, but yesterday my sister asked if wanted to hear some live music. Ended up visiting 4 different bars, seeing two different shows (one actual band and one bar piano guy) and got to bed at around 3am. Pori is like a time capsule it seems - beer still costs like 5€ everywhere!

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Stouts at Brew Link in Plainfield, Indiana tonight... Nutter Butter peanut butter stout, Ivory oatmeal stout, S'mores stout, and Double-O (Oreo) milk stout... good stuff for a stout flight.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never posted here, but I do enjoy the occasional drink maybe once or twice a week, just to taste something different. I hate getting drunk though, so I usually always just sample small amounts (~1 shot or less)

On Friday night we went out to an izakaya to celebrate my friend's birthday, and I tried the Nikka Yoichi Single Malt. That was surprisingly pleasant, especially for a casual night out.

Tonight the girlfriend and I watched TV and I had a small glass of Ardbeg 10, which has become one of my favorite mainstay Islays.

I bought this back in May I think as a special occasion bottle, finally cracked it open at Christmas and shared some with my dad. View attachment 135607
Isn't it great? I got a bottle sometime at the end 2023, same batch I believe, and love the kick + fruitiness. One of my favorites at the moment, though I don't have it too often. (I have a weak stomach and heartburn has become a real problem in my 30s!)

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Last night I went to see a band (Martti Servo & Napander for my finnish pals.) at my fav bar and the night ended when the bar closed down. Lots and lots of karaoke after the band. Great "audience" at the karaoke, people were singing along and being happy overall. The only thing that I didn't really like was the walk home. Sure, there's only like 4km from the bar, but the weather was miserable as it rained.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Okay, bear with me... A co-worker from my last job and I decided to do a beer tasting video. We sampled 7 different craft beers from Quaff On brewery in Indiana.